Afraid

Chapter 4

Scarlet ears were ringing and she could smell something burning nearby. She groans and opens her eyes. She blinks and then tries to focus. "Fuck." She groans and then rolls over and notice three other bodies on the floor. She slowly gets to her knees and stumbles slightly and shakes Stella.

She watches as Stella groan also in pain. Scarlet eyes the girl lower stomach and notice the glass stuck in her abdomen. "Don't roll." Scarlet bites her lower lip. "Stay still." She tells her dear friend. She then awakes Luna and Eleanor.

Eleanor gasps for air and then stands. Scarlet frowns in anger and says, "Fix her with your stupid magic."

Eleanor also frown and replies looking down at Stella wound. "I'm not a healer."

"I swear to God if she dies...

Scarlet trails off and they both are interrupted by Calista who is leaning on the wall breathing heavily. "What the fuck is going on Eleanor!" Calista arms are bleeding and her back was bruised from slamming into the mirror. 

Luna rushes over to Stella who is on the verge of tears. Stella grabs Luna hand and says, "It hurts."

Luna grabs her hand in return and then pulls the glass out making Stella scream in pain. This gets everyone attention. "What the hell are you doing?" Scarlet tries to push Luna back but the red head puts her hand over the wound and everyone watch in amazement as her right hand glows. Stella screams in pain and when Luna lifts her hand and everyone is in shocked to see the wound completely heal only a scar left.

"What the hell is going on?" Stella asks.

"How did you do that?" Calista asks.

"Oh shit." Scarlet snaps.

"She is a healer." Eleanor comments.

Everyone was sitting on the couch and Calista throws the book on the table. "That is what I found before we all were attack. Time to explain whats going on." 

Scarlet was pacing the room back and forth and Luna asks, "Is there something wrong with me?"

"There is nothing wrong with you." Eleanor smiles. "You are special and this book will tell me everything I need to know."

Calista and Scarlet roll their eyes. 

Eleanor opens the book and the wind moves uneasy in the room. Scarlet pulls out her pocket knife ready for someone to attack. Eleanor ignores them and begins to read her eyes skimming the pages quickly.

"Luna!" Eleanor screams excited. "Your family is known as the Healers." Everyone crowds around the book noticing the odd pictures of female healers. Luna blushes. "The ability to heal and with great power bring someone back from the dead. Which is off limits." Eleanor quickly warns. "The dead stays dead."

"You brought us back." Stella points out.

"Yeah and that was a big mistake." Eleanor chews on her bottom lip. "The spirits are angry with me."

Scarlet roll her eyes, "So what! What are they going to do punish us?"

"No." Eleanor replies. "Something worse. They will murder us and we will spend eternity in the after life our souls will never rest."

Scarlet rolls her eyes again and Eleanor states annoyed. "I would think during a time like this you wouldn't take my words as a joke."

"I agree with Eleanor." Calista states. "I saw something upstairs."