Enemies

Chapter 6

Scarlet storms through the halls of Black Oaks High on a mission. She walks into her first period classroom and sits in the back next to her friends. It was odd having Calista and Eleanor around but she was getting use to the idea of them being her friends. The teacher announces news about the quiz and Scarlet smirks winking towards Stella. They all discovered that Stella could also talk to people through her mind link.

Give me the answers.

Scarlet thinks this over and over again. She glances towards Stella and notice the white haired Rein was concentrating very hard on ignoring her. Scarlet frowns and thinks again.

I didn't fucking study.

No answer. Scarlet grumbles under her breath and then teacher lays down the quiz on her desk and Scarlet begins to just circle random letters. She totally failed.

When the bell rings Scarlet chases after Stella and asks, "Why didn't you give me the answers. I know you studied."

Stella rolls her eyes putting her books into her bag. Her hair was down today. She was finally accepting the white but Scarlet knew it was only because Calista said it was 'pretty' and Calista opinion always counted more than others.

"I do not like it and your thoughts are too loud. It gives me a headache."

"I was trying to get your attention duh." Scarlet replies annoyed. 

Stella stops and says, "I don't want this power okay. So, be a good friend and leave me alone and try studying."

Scarlet frowns and watches the Rein storm away down the hall. Eleanor then walks up and says, "She is trying to find a way to become normal again. I told her that it was impossible but she only ignored me."

"She's so extra." Scarlet folds her arms over her chest. "Now my grades are gonna drop."

"Try studying." Eleanor pats her shoulder and walks away. Scarlet scowls because she was tired of hearing that. "Don't fucking touch me." She screams after the witch.

Calista slams her locker and jumps slightly when she notice Stella standing there. "What the heck." The olive skin girl chuckles. "You're trying to kill me?"

These pass days has been easier. There was less arguing and they were finally trying to be a little normal. Stella was being less dramatic and Scarlet was being less of a bitch. Just a little.

Stella continues to stare at Calista as the black haired girl picks up her history book and sling her bookbag on her back. She was wearing the shortest of all jean shorts. Her tan legs ran for miles and Stella couldn't help but look the other girl up and down. Calista was slightly taller than her and she always envy her for it. 

She was also wearing a red plaid button up but the buttons was left open showing off a white t-shirt and a pair of brown combat boots. Stella runs her tongue across her bottom lip as her eyes slowly makes it way back to Calista eyes who was clueless to the fact she was checking her out. "I'm tired." 

"Up studying all night?" Calista smirks. 

"Yes-No." Stella frowns confusion evident on her face. She sighs and admits. "I was trying to find a way to get rid of this gift."

Calista wants to roll her eyes but she doesn't. She didn't understand what Stella was going through and hearing other people thoughts could be awful. Hearing others talk annoyed the hell out of Calista. "I'm sorry I cannot help you." She says instead.