Chapter 22

Shikamaru came back in time for dinner and avoided Naruto in every sense. Dinner itself was lovely but the minute it ended Naruto cornered Shikamaru in his room. Shikamaru refused to look at him and that annoyed the blond. "Look at me." Shikamaru whimpered and buried his face into the now clothed chest and refused. Naruto sighed and hoisted his baby up into his arms. "Talk to me sugar." Shikamaru sniffled and buried his face in his neck.

"They gave me an ultimatum." Shikamaru whispered, Naruto rolled his eyes and knew immediately how this was going to end.

"They won't be friends with you unless you break up with me." Naruto stated and Shikamaru nodded. 

"They also saw the carvings. They were disgusted." Shikamaru broke down crying. Naruto placed him on the bed and pulled back. 

"Is this were we end?" Naruto asked with a small smile. "I don't have friends so I don't see the need but your a normal human. Shikamaru you don't have to choose me but I will say this. Any friend that dangles that bond like a prize is no friend at all." He packed up his things and got ready to leave. 

"Where are you going?" Shikamaru clung to Naruto's back. The blond sighed and turned around and kissed him. Shikamaru clung to him and leaned up on his toes to get more. Naruto pulled back after he felt satisfied. 

"I'm going home, just take my advice and think on it." He said and kissed his cheek. Naruto headed out and Shikamaru could hear him feeding some excuse to his parents before the front door closed. 

His parents came up later to get the truth and he did give it to them minus the carvings. His mother hugged him while his father looked angry. Shikamaru didn't need to think about it he would choose Naruto because what kind of friends would want him to be so unhappy. Why are they so persistent to make him feel so lonely? 

***************

Naruto woke up in his large bed alone. He didn't feel the need to get up and go anywhere especially work. He turned on his side and looked out the window. It was cloudy a sign of rain to come. Naruto eventually got up and readied himself for the day. Once he was done he walked out to the Hokage's Tower. When he entered his mother's office he wasn't phased to see Konoha 12 there blabbing as usual. "Mom, I'm here for the data concerning the earrings." 

"Are you alright." She asked as she rifled through the drawers on her desk. Naruto rolled his eyes at the question. "Answer or I'll stab them out."

"I'm fine also I'm done with what we discussed last time. I think I'm ready to demonstrate it to you." Naruto leaned against the desk and smiled down at her. Tsunade squealed and hugged him tightly.

"You did it, you inherited me and Jiraiya's techniques!" She yelled happily.

"Mom, I'm a far cry from you two but I hope Dad hurries up and come home. I'll blast him away this." Naruto said kissing her forehead. "Anyways work calls, also tell Shizune I need Dassai Yamaguchi sake by my door at midday. I think I'm gonna need it." Then he was gone leaving the slient ninjas and an angry boyfriend behind.

"So I am under the impression that you don't like Naruto." Tsunade stated in a light voice. "Listen to me and listen good. I only gave the suggestion that you get to know him. Keyword a suggestion. Naruto has taken an interest in one of your friends. That person being Shikamaru. Now understand where I become concerned when you pressure the poor boy to leave my son who knows and can treat his partners right despite what impression he gives you."

"Lady Tsunade not to be rude but have you really seen your son. Like have you dived into his mental-" Tsunade raised a hand.

"Is that was this is all about, his mental stability?" She chuckled lowly. "Trust me he's fine. I have evaluated him every month since I came into his life and I have never missed a beat." It was a bold lie but then again she did have many years to perfect it. Yes she evaluated Naruto and he was fine, the only time he gets unstable is when he goes into that room.