Chapter 31

"Who did you fuck?" Jiraiya asked when Naruto opened the balcony door to let him in. It was late at night Konohamaru and Shikamaru were sleeping soundly when he came. Naruto raised an eyebrow at the question.

"Who do you think?" He fired back as the man followed him to the dining table were everything was laid out. "Turns out the Kitsune leader should be with the Head of the Clan. But who is the head of the clan? The Uzumaki clan is spread far and wide and it's being thinned out by the minute. The fact that they've killed so many kits shows that they haven't found the Head yet. Feels like I'm missing something."

"That's because your the Head of the Uzumaki Clan." Jiraiya said softly, Naruto turned to him and gave him a sharp look. "Just look at the facts. Kushina's grandmother was the Head when they were attacked, she died in the attack and the title was passed down to Kushina's mother and then to her and even though she didn't have a clan to rule over, she had you her heir so that would make you the next Head when she died."

"But if that was so then the Kitsune leader would've approached me. I only have Kurama and no offense to his small frame but I doubt he's Head Kitsune leader. He doesn't give off the power vibe." Naruto said folding his arms as he sat down at the table.

"No he doesn't but what if it was a disguise, a way to suppress his status and power. Keep in mind you were a child when Kushina gave you Kurama. And when she died the title would've been passed to you by natural order." Jiraiya persisted, Naruto sighed and cocked his head back.

"Kura!" He called out. A small yip could be heard as he padded from his room and to the main area. He jumped up on the table and curled up. "Talk to me straight are you the Head of Kitsune?" 

Kurama didn't move, Naruto was almost about to ask again when Kurama nodded. "Alright so you are but are you the same Head as the One who fought alongside my great grandmother?" Kurama shook his head. "So your a new Head, what happened to the old one?" Naruto brought an ink pot forward and Kurama wrote with his tail on a clean scroll.

'He passed his power over to me when he defended the remaining members of the Uzumaki clan so they could escape. They drained him of his chakra so he passed his knowledge to me and I escaped with your mother's mother.' The two shinobi read the message and it cleared up a lot. 

"So why can't you grow up now, you've been the same size since I first ever saw you." Naruto inquired. Kurama flick his tail in the ink and scrawled again. 

'I am like this because of your defect, I would require you to feed me chakra for me to grow. The reason I am still this size is because when you touch my meals a bit of your chakra seeps into it. But it is not much to hasten my growth.' Naruto got up and clutched his head.

"Of course, everything is because of this fucking defect. Hell I can't even make my bestfriend grow up normally." Naruto said pacing the dining room with a angry expression. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?" 

'There was no reason to, I was content in this form and no danger could reach us. Until the Akatsuki came I was resigned to the fate of staying by your side until you gave a heir or died in battle.' He said in a slightly mess scrawl it was obvious how this pained him to admit, he has watched Naruto grow from a carefree child to a sadistic man and even then he would lay his life down for him. Naruto was his corner stone, no matter how much blood Naruto gets soaked in he would gladly let Naruto stain him with it if it meant he got to stay by his side. Deep down inside there was still a 6 year old child crying over his losses.

"I'm so sorry Kurama I'll figure it out. Don't worry." Naruto picked him up and gently held him in his chest. Kurama purred, contented with his master's tainted touch.