Chapter 3

I felt nauseous. I felt constipated. I was panicking. I can't. I can't do this.

I was on the verge of tears. I scanned my classmates' reactions. Some were a bit skeptical, yet some believe they can do it. I saw Kacchan and his reaction was deadass. He was grinning and more fired up than ever. My heart sank even lower. How could I compete against that? I couldn't even match up even if I tried.

I saw my green-haired friend panicking as well. I chuckled a bit. I guess that's what I look like now, huh? I stepped closer to him and tapped him on the shoulder. As expected, he flinched.

"H-hey. Y/N. H-how are y-you doing?", he asked me nervously.

"I'm fine, thank you. I guess my journey here in UA would be cut short." I replied without a hint of sarcasm. I know I'd be expelled.

"Get lost, you nerds. If you don't fucking have what it takes to be a hero, then might as well quit now. Especially you, Deku you shithead.", Kacchan suddenly bursted out. However, instead of hurting Izuku, I think it helped him gather courage for some reason. Wow. I guess I'm not the only one who gets help by his words.

"The real test begins now.", Aizawa concluded.

I guess... there's no harm in trying. If I'm gonna get kicked out, might as well do my best. Right, Dad? That's what you would do.

50-meter dash
HOW DO I USE MY QUIRK FOR THIS????

Some have engines in their legs, some have lazer beams, some even blast explosions. What am I going to do with my quirk? I'm fucking useless.

"H-hey. Izuku. What are you going to do?", I nervously asked him.

"I-I can't control my q-quirk, yet. Maybe I'll j-just run and do my best. Hehe. I guess.", he replied breaking a sweat.

Awww he's so cute. And so like me.

"That's understandable coming from me. Let's do our best, Izuku.", I cheered and he nodded.

Izuku tried and he did... decent. I mean that's good considering he didn't use his quirk.

It was my turn to run and I got cold feet. I almost didn't run when we were signalled to. Since I didn't know how the hell I would propel myself using my quirk, I just ran and hope I'd get good results.

"7.13 seconds!"

That's actually not bad. I sighed in relief. While going back to the crowd, I noticed that a certain ash blonde was looking my way and he appeared... dissatisfied. Like disappointed somehow. I quickly averted my gaze and focused on the ground. Why was he looking at me like that?

After the 6 tests that came after, like the grip strength, standing long jump, endurance training and more, I pulled off some of the tests without actually using my quirk and did pretty well. But not too well. I was still on the verge of failing the test. Moreover, ever so often I would catch Kacchan's reaction everytime I participated in the test. Why was he monitoring my results? It was a bit weird.

When it was everyone's time to try the softball pitch, my stomach churned. I feel as though I was about to hurl.

The girl that Izuku befriended got Infinity as her score. It almost made me faint. How the fuck?

It was now my turn and all their attention was on me. I feel like fainting from nervousness. I could hear some cheering and some were complaining of how much time I was taking up. I looked up at them and saw Izuku raising a fist in the air cheering me on but Kacchan's presence simply won my eyes over. He was just gazing at me intently, like he was anticipating what I would do.