Chapter 24

I was pacing back and forth, mentally preparing myself for the punishment awaiting for me. People at the lobby were staring at me maybe because I look like an absolute lunatic for about 30 minutes now.

Looking at the ginormous amount of messages and calls I received from this person, I couldn't help but feel scared by how much scolding I'll get. But... thinking about how much I worried him, makes it harder for me to avoid confronting him.

Well. I have to do this someday, might as well get it over and done with now. I clutched my phone tightly as I made up my mind. I huffed a bit of air as I mustered a bit of courage and pressed dial upon the screen.

I gulped as I shakingly positioned the phone against my ear. I was silently hoping that the person on the other line wouldn't answer the call. Please.

But 5 seconds later...

"FUCKING FINALLY!" A familiar gruff voice can be heard upon answering the call.

"H-Hey, Katsuki. H-How's it going?" I nervously replied. Shit, he's hella mad.

"WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU?! DO YOU FUCKING KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I CALLED YOUR SHITTY OFFICE?! HAAA?! WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO YOU, Y/N?! EVEN YOUR FUCKING COWORKERS DIDN'T ANSWER WHERE YOU WERE! I SWEAR TO GOD, YOU BETTER BE IN ONE PIECE, HEALTHY, AND FUCKING ALIVE RIGHT NOW OR ELSE I'LL DRAG YOUR ASS WITH ME HERE IN TOKYO!!" The ash blonde shouted to which I bit my lip at. He's already plenty worried and scared.

"ARE YOU FUCKING LISTENING, Y/N?! I ASKED, WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO YOU?" Katsuki reiterated firmly and my pupils trembled. What do I say to him? If I told him what really happened, he'll be angrier for sure.

"Uhm.. I, uh..." I stuttered. Shit. How the fuck do you say that you got hurt and ended up in a hospital in a way that people wouldn't end up worrying about you?

"SHIT- YOU KNOW WHAT. I'M FUCKING HEADING OVER THERE." The ash blonde concluded to which I widened my eyes at. The answer is... you don't.

"N-No no no, Katsuki. I-I'm fine. Haha. Really. You see, we went out, uh, last night for patrol. I-It was hella hectic and I didn't have the time to check my phone. A-And you know how it is with internships and stuff, I'm p-pretty sure my coworkers were just following, uh, protocols for not telling y-you, porcupine. I just had a few headaches here and there due to fatigue but no big of a reason for you to come here." I stammered trying to make sense while leaving out important details. I crossed my fingers, hard, hoping that he'll atleast consider my excuse. I can't have him worry about me too much. He has his own problems and responsibilities already.

Silence engulfed the opposite line and I was perspiring so much that I could feel my back damped in sweat. Just before my soul completely left my body, Katsuki sighed in defeat and immediately, I felt relief.

"Fucking make sure to contact me earlier, you dumbass. I was scared shitless last night." The ash blonde emphasized, calming down a bit after what I said. Mixed emotions bombarded my thoughts as I realized how much I've lied to Katsuki already.

"I'm sorry, Katsuki. Truly, I am." I croaked as tears began to form upon my eyes. I don't deserve him.

"As long as you're okay Y/N. Which I hope you really are because if I see a single scratch on you, I'm gonna fucking sue that shit agency you're in, YOU HEAR?!" Katsuki's voice rang through the phone to the extent that the other people with me in the lobby could actually hear him.

Before I could speak, I heard muffled voices on the other line to which the ash blonde grunted angrily in response.

"FUC--- FINE! I'm coming!" Katsuki bellowed as a reply to whoever was talking to him. W-was that Best Jeanist??? And Katsuki's talking to him like that??? TO THE FUCKING TOP 4 HERO?! This boy's courage just never fails to surprise me.