Chapter 8

5:30 am
I woke up instantly when the alarm went off. I energetically opened the curtains in my room and happily shouted "Good Morning!" as I was feeling good about myself today. I finally felt that I was making progress at being a hero.

I readied myself to school and once done, I skidded towards the kitchen to prepare some breakfast for both me and my mother. I was shocked when I saw my mother already up and drinking coffee in the living room.

"You're up early." She told me, still not looking at me whilst taking a sip.

"G-good morning mom! Well, you see. I'm trying to do better at school. D-do you want breakfast?", I asked her feeling a bit awkward yet excited since it had been a long time since we have spoken this casually.

"Had it already. Yours is on the table.", She replied as she finished her coffee and left her mug on the sink.

I was about to tell her something to perhaps continue on the conversation, but she practically ran towards her room after that so I missed my chance.

"Thank you for the meal." I quietly said to myself. Even though it felt like she avoided me back there, I was still happy that she made breakfast for me this morning.

Today is a new day.

I walked outside the house to huff a bit of air. The morning breeze smelt a bit nicer now that I feel better... better that how I felt for the last couple of days. Now... where is Mr. Kacchan at?

6:00 am
Where the fuck?
I sighed at the thought that maybe I woke up still later than how he usually wakes up. HOW EARLY DOES HE GO TO SCHOOL? Giving up, I gradually walked towards school.

"I need my hands on a girl right now. For fucks sake."
"Tell me about it. I haven't eyed on a girl for weeks now."
A couple of boys, I think about the same age as me, were talking with each other at the side of the road. It was still a bit early so there weren't a lot of people around.

"Hey. Speaking of the devil. What do we have here?" A boy with long hair and nose piercings said to his two other friends.

"Fresh meat bro." They all laughed at the other boy's remark. They were now ganging up on me that I practically was halted in my place.

"P-please move out of the way." I frightenedly warned them.

"What if I don't want to cutie?" The third boy in the middle asked me. We were at the same height so he was just looking directly at me as he gently pulled a strand of my H/C locks. I shut my eyes tightly due to the fear I felt. No matter how much I wanted to call out for help, my body was practically shut off and didn't allow me to.

"You leave her the fuck alone, bastards. You hear?" A familiar gruffy voice warned them in front of us.

"Oh. And if we don't, you'll beat us up eh?" The three laughed as the one with long hair retorted. They all slowly looked back and gasped at the sight of Bakugo whose palms are lighting up.

"No shit." Bakugo warned about to cast off an explosion to the boys when they ran.

"FUCK THAT'S THE SLIME DUDE! Run!" The third boy screamed as they ran in the opposite direction as us.

"Shit, he's way scarier than those villains."
"Bitch, tell me about it."

We could still hear their conversations as they were running away. I took a sigh of relief as my legs easened up and collapsed to the concrete.

"That was fucking scary." I told myself trying to ease my racing heart.

"Plenty of assholes lurking here early in the morning. If you weren't fucking late all the time, you'd know." He reprimanded me to which I lowered my head at.