Chapter 10

"Can you stand up?" Todoroki asked me coldly. I flinched and instinctively stood up in a hurry.

I could tell that my sudden actions concerned him so he easened up his state and gradually inched closer towards me. I got a bit flustered of how close he was getting.

He scanned my body softly and slowly trying to check if I didn't get any major injuries from the fall. As his heterochromatic eyes locked with my E/C orbs, he suddenly reverted to this boy who seemed approachable and kind, like the state he was in when I sat beside him in the bus.

"I'm sorry, L/N. For not talking to you in the bus and now speaking rudely to you." He told me sincerely. I was taken aback by his sudden apology since a while ago he was about to murder these villains in front of us.

"I-it's fine. Hahaha. No w-worries, Todoroki-kun. A-actually, I should thank you for saving my life back there." I rambled whilst scratching the back of my head feeling a bit awkward by his remark.

He simply nodded at my comment and preceded to decipher what was happening to us.

"'Scatter you and kill you', huh? I hate to say this, but you just look like guys with quirks they didn't know what to do with." He said as he stepped towards the villains who were fearful of this kid in front of them. Who wouldn't be though... Even I was afraid of him.

He motioned me to follow him as he traversed down the steep stature. I staggered to head towards his side as he was in deep thought. He was kind of like Izuku at this point thinking to himself, not minding his surroundings, without all the self-muttering ofcourse. I chuckled a bit seeing this resemblance from the two.

Suddenly, a man with a knife from in front and a man with a staff from behind charged us. Before I could even process what was happening, ice began to devour them both in an instant. My eyes widened in disbelief. Just how keen are this boy's instincts?

"Never let down your guard." He warned me as he coldly took off the staff away from the villain's hands. His heterochromatic eyes didn't waver as he looked at my E/C ones. I shuddered, like a shiver ran down my spine. Although he was the one who looked like his guard was down, I was the one who wasn't mindful of my surroundings. Damn it! How far off am I from these guys?

He turned away from me and stepped closer towards the frozen villain in front of us.

"Hey, at this rate, your cells will slowly die. I want to be a hero. I would like to avoid something so cruel if possible." Todoroki warned. As he inched dangerously close to the villains, he emitted this frighful aura devoid of any sarcasm. He placed his hand before the face of the villain getting ready to freeze him. I gulped even harder, in fear of what he was capable of doing to the guy.

"On what basis do you think you can kill All Might? What's your plan?" He angrily asked the guy. I could feel the villain's fear as he trembled beneath Todoroki's quirk.

"I-I don't know, kid! I was recruited by this guy saying that we would kill All Might. That's all I know!" He quivered begging for his life.

After he answered, Todoroki suddenly crept up a sneaky smile to which made my hair stand. W-what is he planning?

"Thanks." He said whilst continuing walking down the rocky area. I was flabbergasted. He didn't even break the ice or something. Was he really going to kill these guys?

"Don't worry. It's humid in this area right now. Soon enough the ice will melt and you'll live, but we'll be far from your reach by then." Todoroki continued letting me, and the villains, sigh in relief. For a moment there.... I thought he was going to murder these people... But I guess he, too, values being a hero more than anything.