Chapter 21

"I'll be taking my leave here, Y/N. Are you sure you'll be fine alone?" Shouto asked me as we got off the train.

I got an email from the agency saying that someone'll pick me up at the station so I told the candycane-haired boy to exit without me.

"I'll be fine, Shouto-kun. Good luck on your internship~" I told him waving goodbye. He hesitated for a bit but, as I assured him with a smile, he nodded in response as he exited the station.

I stood over the exit as I waited for the agency's representative. I wonder who they sent to fetch me here. I panned out my vision trying to check if I would be able to see a familiar insignia upon a person's jacket or shirt.

I squealed as a hand suddenly pulled me in an embrace and long silky azure-colored locks inundated my vision. My eyes widened in shock at the female's sudden gesture.

"I got so worried during the Sports Festival. But the way you stood your ground and fought your hardest during the battles, even though you were quivering just moments before, made me so proud that I immediately told our Master about recruiting you." She narrated as she tightened the hug. The crease upon my eyebrows faded as I listened to her. There it was again... the warmth that I longed for...

Then this must be...

The female broke off the hug and leveled her vision with mine, crouching a bit. She pressed my cheek with her soft hand and smiled.

"You did great out there. I'm looking forward to working with you. Nice to meet you again~" She sang to which my eyes glistened with joy and my whole face lit up.

"My name is L/N Y/N, Hero Name: Violet, from Class 1A in UA's Hero Course. I'm looking forward to working with you as well. Thank you for having me, Nami-san!" I cheered as I bowed in front of her. We both giggled as we exited the station.

At the Tsunagu Branch Agency
Upon arriving at the Agency, I quickly changed into my hero costume to meet up with Nami's superior and colleagues.

"You'll love it here, I swear. We could explore the city at night, or have fun during breaks, that is, if the main branch doesn't give us too much tasks to do. Oh gosh! Where would we start?" Nami babbled as we ventured towards her Master's Office. Sh-She's such a talker.

She practically told me everything about the city, about their hero work, and even about the activities that they would do after work like shopping, going to festivals, and the like.

I learned that hero interns like me, without hero licenses yet, don't get exposed to outside hero work that much unless, like Nami says, the main branch orders us so.

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot. Sometimes, when you finish your work early, you are granted to train with some of the heroes in our agency. You know, learn a few moves. I figured you want to strengthen your quirk more than ever during the internship, right?" She suggested giving me a wink. I determinedly hummed at her in response. T-Training with Pro Heroes... Too cool!

When we arrived outside of her Master's Office, she motioned me to follow her as she opened the door. As soon as we went in, hundreds of thorns suddenly sprung towards us.

I quickly jumped in front of Nami to shield her from the thorns. I closed my eyes as I spread my arms to summon a forcefield that would prevent the thorns from hurting us.

Moments later, I could hear slow clapping from in front of me and I turned to face who it was that suddenly attacked us. My heart pounded and I felt out of breath.

"What a nice quirk indeed! She's a keeper, Nami. Good work recruiting her with us." An old woman chirped as she clapped her hands, grinning towards our direction. I couldn't help but furrow my eyebrows at what happened. D-Did she mean to do that??