Chapter 7

I sprinted towards to where Izuku might have been. "Well... Ochaco-chan said he only stepped outside... the front yard maybe?", I thought to myself.

I was walking on the hall towards the front gate when I saw two professors talking to each other. I hurriedly ran towards the side hall, scared that maybe I'd be caught and get in trouble for skipping class. I sighed in relief when they walked past where I was at. I looked to my side and noticed that there was a door leading to the outside. Maybe I'd avoid trouble if I go through here.

I crept towards the door and to the outside where I heard two familiar voices screaming at each other. I gradually walked towards where the voices were coming from and saw Izuku and Bakugo talking near the front gate.

What the fuck am I doing? I was trying to eavesdrop on their conversation and it felt wrong. I was about to leave them both on their own business when I heard Kacchan shout, to which I froze at.

"What are you trying to do, make me out to be more of a fool that you already have? Huh? What are you trying to say?" He unfeignedly shouted that my own heart ached. Bakugo's badly hurt as well.

"Today, I lost to you... That's all it was... That's all..." He continued as his voice was breaking. I felt myself welling up at his broken state as well.

"As I watched the Ice guy, I thought 'I can't beat him!' Damn it! I ended up agreeing with what that ponytail girl said! Damn it! Damn it, damn it!" He flicked his arms with rage. This time, not directed to others, but to himself. Tears start to stream down my face as I watched my hero break down.

"Hey, you and that forcefield brat too, Deku! I'm just... I'm just getting started! You hear?" He shouted yet again. This time, his words pierced through me as well.

"Here, I will become number one! You won't beat me again, bastards!" He declared as he turned his back against Izuku. And that's when I couldn't handle it anymore. I ran away from them and towards the field behind the school. I cried my heart out. Not because of pity, but because of guilt and understanding. Today, I learned that Bakugo, although high and mighty, is still human and is often misunderstood.

In the case where he realized how weak he was, I don't know, made me felt a little bit similar to what he's going through. People misunderstand and sometimes judge before they even know what's really happening and... He and I... both know that full well.

I eased my heart before going back to class. When I saw Izuku, I immediately ran towards him and gave him a hug. "I'm so glad you're okay" I told him and he squeezed me between his frame. "M-Me too, Y/N. I'm glad that you're fine." He replied.

"Now both of you really should stop disappearing on me like that! Geez, I got so worried." Me and Izuku broke off the hug as we got startled by Uraraka's remark. We laughed it off as the class ended.

We all went home after a long and tiresome day. Me, Izuku, and Uraraka figured that we'll sketch out my hero costume tomorrow and parted our ways. As I was walking home from the station, I saw the familiar playground me and my family used to go to in the past. Back when... everything was still okay.

I thought that I could use the nostalgia to get my mind off of the dreadful things that had happened during the last few days. It was as though instead of having my life bettered in UA, it got worse.

It's hard being a hero, Dad.

I sat under the slide where I usually do with my father. I huffed the slight breeze that gently touches my skin as I remember how I used to always laugh and smile back then. I forgot how naturally happy I was. It's just that it's become hard to smile and laugh nowadays. Like I don't have the right to, anymore.