Chapter 16 - Besties

Over 500 reads OMG!! Thank you guys sooo much.
I'm really happy.

«««««Soma»»»»»

"You can't be serious." Helen exclaimed after I explained my ordeal to her.

I couldn't just get the guilt out of my system system, I shouldn't have called him names so what if he likes me and claims me without my permission... I like him too!.

'Did you hear yourself?' My subconscious whispered to me.

'Shut up! I'm in the middle of a regret session'

Lucky enough, Helen slept in my room last night because one: She came back late and the hostel gate keeper doesn't opens the gate once it's 11pm.
Two: Oluchi my roommate is no where to be found, I have no idea where she is and her number is not going through.

So this morning I have someone to pour my frustrations on.
I told her everything including my dispute with Oluchi to how Nonso and Abel is helping with my weird texts problems and how I was rude to them.

To think that they were gonna help.
What if they back out due to my unruly outburst. God why am I this stupid?

"Does it look like I'm joking?"I retorted.

She dropped her hand bag on the bed and glared at me "For how long have this been going on?" She asked.

I scoffed "Which part? Is it Oluchi or the weird texts or..."

"All of them!!". She cuts me off.

I have to admit, there have been a lot going on around me lately.

I inhaled and tried to clarify things, "Remember that day my mum called me?" I started.

"Can you please be more specific?" She rolled her eyes.

"After the call. I got a text a very weird one at that." I expanded.

She looked at the ceiling as if the ceiling would reveal the future to her, "Ohhh..I think I remember now. It was that day you were pissed about your sister and Abel right?" She inquired.

"Exactly!" I chirped in a not so exciting manner.

She slowly nod her head "So since then you've been getting more texts?" She asked

"Yes." I deadpanned.

"And you didn't even care to tell me?" She pushed on.

"I wasn't sure and I didn't want you bothering yourself." I clarified.

She sighed loudly, "Your head is obviously not correct, In fact your limbic system have been uprooted from your brain collection."

Even though she's trying to be funny, it doesn't stop the throbbing guilt.

"Stop joor." I chortled.

She crossed her arms against her chest and frowned, "What happened to sister's forever? What happened to no secrets? What happened to a problem shared is a problem...".

"Helen can we please focus? I have a big problem and I have no idea on how to handle it." I rubbed my temple with my finger tips.

I seriously need sharwama right now!

"Okay so now you need me. When you were busy running your mouth like tap you don't know there would be repercussions right?" She challenged.

Isn't she supposed to be giving me words of encouragement? This kind girl sef ehhnnn..