Chapter 7 - frustrated and solemn ✔

Hiii!! again. Another chappie chappie is up.
Tio_LAsHes just as I promised this one is for you.

Thanks for your huge support pumpkin, it's really encouraging.

Hope y'all love this one. ENJOY!

"Soma, what's wrong?" He asked as we both sat on the bed.

"It's nothing." I shrugged it off as I held my phone tight.

He gave me a very serious look, "You're frowning and you said nothing. Just tell me what's wrong." His expression softened.

"I said I'm fine. I'm not just in the mood." I knew I sounded a little bit rude but my mind is currently in a jumbled mess.

"But..." He was about to say something but was distracted by the noise my phone was making.
I looked at the caller ID and immediately dropped the phone on the bed in frustration.

From one problem to the other.

Nonso picked up the phone and held it towards me. "Won't you answer your phone?" He asked.

I leaned my back against the wall and sighed loudly, "It's my sister. She wants me to send her money." I blurted.

"And you don't have it?" He asked the obvious.

"Yes, I don't." I deadpanned.

Obviously! Why else would I ignore her calls?

"How much is it?" He asked again as the ringing stopped.

"Ten thousand. I don't even know what she wants to do with it." I huffed in exasperation as the ringing started again. I groaned internally.

"She's calling again." Mr. Nonso held the phone towards me again with a small smile.

"I can see that." I snapped a bit.

Why is this one smiling? Do I look funny?.

"Just answer it and tell her that she will get the money in the next 30 minutes." He uttered with all confidence.

See this one oo.

"Because I have a money tree in my backyard right?" I asked while eyeing him dangerously.

"Stop being stubborn and just do it." He tried placing the phone in my palm.

"Nonso are you..." I couldn't finish my sentence because he already swiped the green button.

"Obedience before sacrifice". He mouthed.

What does that even mean?. I'll kill this boy.

I shot him a death glare as I placed the phone on my right ear. "Hello, Somto... Sorry I was in the bathroom." That little white lie earned me a small chuckle from Nonso.  "Yes. Just give me 30 minutes... I know... OK Bye." I ended the call.

"See the way you were confidently blowing lie to your sister. What are you teaching her?" He laughed.

"I'll kill you one of these days." He giggled

"Here." He handed his phone to me "Type in your account number." He said.

"I didn't ask you to send me money nah."

'Just type the account number dumb head', my subconscious mocked me.

"Just type it in." He said again.