Chapter 25 - Worth it

«««««Nonso»»»»»

I tapped my foot on the ground nervously as I approached her door.

"Do I have to come with you?" Abel questioned.

I just know that he wouldn't play along even after explaining the whole thing to him. But still, I can't confront her alone.

And No, that doesn't make me less of a man.

"Do you always have to complain about everything?" I retorted.

"I mean, you got yourself in this mess so get yourself out of it." Abel said again.

"We are already here so there's no need ranting okay." I sighed heavily as I stared at the door.

"Whatever. Just don't expect pretty much anything from me." I shrugged and leaned on the wall.

It's obvious he doesn't wants to be involved in my mess so obvious that it doesn't change the fact that he's going in there with me.
I turned to him and shook my head, "Abel I know I messed up and I'm trying to fix it but I can't do it alone. I want to set things straight so that she doesn't see me as that type of guy. You know I'm not that type of guy; You know right?" I was sad and worried.

What if she never wants to see my face again?!

Abel strokes his chin and stared at me seeming to be in deep thought, his expression also softened a bit and for once I made myself believe that he still has human sympathy in him,
"If you add a little more emotion and probably drama to spice up this act, you may just be able to convince her." Abel noted and immediately knocked on the door.

"You are simply the worse." I muttered.

"Isn't that why you love me?" He smirked.

"Like you gave me a choice." I reverted.

Almost immediately, the door flung open, revealing Oluchi with the meanest look ever in a polo T-shirt and a bum short.

"And what can I do for you boys?" She spat while staring fixedly at me.

"Let us in obviously."Abel blurted.

"Hush it Abel." I cut in.

"Why? She's asking dumb questions." He protested.

She heaved a sigh and softened her expression, "You know she's gone so why are you bothering my tiny significant life." She uttered with a frown.

Abel muffled his laughter, "Yeah. It's pretty much tiny." He muttered.

"Gone? Gone to where?" I asked curiously.

I know that Oluchi hates me and would do anything to keep me away from Soma so she's definitely lying.

"She didn't tell you?" She asked again in shock.

"No. Not at all." I replied.

She cursed under her breath, "Well she's gone. She's not here." She dead panned.

Her acting is not helping issues at all.

I scrunched my face, "What are you talking about? I saw her in class today." I opted.

"Did you see her after the class?" She reverted with a hand gesture.

I shrugged, "I guess not."

"She's out of town. She had to go see her family." She blurted.

"Is everything alright?" I found myself asking.

"She didn't tell me anything so what am I supposed to tell you?" She stared at me as she spewed.