Chapter 13 - Hot blooded ✔

«««««Nonso»»»»»

🎵 'The voices screaming loud as hell
We don't care 'bout no one else
Nothing in this world can bring us down
Now we're so high among the stars without a worry
And neither one, one of us wants to say we're sorry' 🎵

I listened with rapt attention as she sang the song completely oblivious of her surrounding. It was as if she was lost in her little world as she scribbled away on a book with earphones plugged in her ear.

I smiled inwardly. That is my bae!

I feel much better now. I should really appreciate her and of course her roommate for harboring my pitiful self in here.

I slowly removed the blue blanket from my body so as not to draw attention to myself. I slowly sat up on the bed and studied her.

She is a quiet person and has an awesome personality. There's no doubt about it, I like her, No I don't just like her... I like like her.

From the very first day I saw her in class I knew there was something about her, something distinct. She's not like 'other girls' she's special and she is going to be mine and mine alone.

In a bid to adjust my leg, she diverted her attention to me and turned.

"Ohh! I had no idea you are awake already." She said as she swiftly removed her earphone and dropped it on the table.

"And I had no idea that you have a beautiful voice," I said and she blushed a little before giving a small innocent laugh.

She stood up from the chair and sat beside me on the bed.

"How are you feeling now?" She inquired with her tone was laced with concern.

"Much better," I replied whilst grinning.

"Thank goodness! I thought you were going to be seriously ill or something of the sort." She sighed with relief.

"Awww... So you care about me this much." I teased.

She clapped her hands dramatically and laughed mockingly "See this boy oo!" she started and I knew that instant that the goody cutie Soma is gone, "Is it because I allowed you to sleep on my bed? If you talk too much now I will just fling you outside." She finished with a dramatic effect.

"I'll love to see you try." I took that as my cue and began tickling her sides.
Her beautiful laughter filled the air as she tried to escape from my grasp.

"Leave me joor!". She swatted my hand away while trying effortlessly to swallow her laughter.

I know right! I make her so happy

"So you don't have respect again bah? See the way you slapped me." I whined.

"If you are looking for respect I can give you transport money to the nearest cemetery." She snapped.

"Ouch!" I placed my right palm on my chest and feigned hurt. She gave a victory laugh and stuck out her tongue.

"By the way, I know you are hungry, I prepared beans and plantain." She said as she stood up.

I leaned on her bed frame comfortably "I don't like plantain." I stated.

She froze in her steps "You are kidding right?" She questioned.

What exactly is wrong with not liking plantains?. As badly as I want to taste her food, I also don't want those plantains doing wonders to my stomach.