Chapter 33 - The story behind

More secrets are going to be released in this chapter so I hope it would be enough to clear your doubts 😂. Enjoy!!!

«««««Nonso»»»»»

I threw my car keys into my pockets as I ran down the stairs, attempting to run from Abel and his utterances. "You cannot do that! I won't let you." He yelled behind me. 

"You can't tell me what to do." I shot back with a scrunched face as I adjusted the bag on my shoulder.

"You are risking your admission and playing with rustication." He pointed out but I couldn't help but linger on the rhymes in the sentence.
He came closer to me with concern in his eyes. "Nonso please she can write it again next year. She's very bright and will definitely pass the course."
He said but I just shook my head and diverted from his gaze.
"You know how tight security usually get during exams so please don't do this for your sake." He finished with a huff.

No matter how stubborn I'm trying to be, Abel is actually very right about this. Writing exam for someone else in this school is just like personally telling the Vice Chancellor that you are ready to dissolve your admission and say no to schooling in general because you are so going to be disgraced when caught.
I know how much school means to Soma so I'm practically feeling her pain for not writing this exam.

"What if she was used by those yahoo boys for rituals?" I blurted incoherently.

"Look." Abel held my shoulders firmly and locked our eyes. "I have a very strong lead so when we get back, we will march straight to where she's being held and get her." He said with all serious. It's kinda funny seeing Abel so serious. He's usually senseless.

"What if we don't? What if something goes wrong?" I asked unconsciously.

"It won't pass today. That's my promise to you." He assured without humor.

Abel's Father is some sort of forensicist and works with the Nigerian Army, that was how Abel was able to track the number sending messages to Soma and also how he was easily able track down the plate number of the car that Soma left with.

The Ramsey guy took a picture of Soma while she was leaving with Helen for some reasons yet incomprehensible to me and lucky enough, the plate number of the car was shown in the picture so we are currently working with that.

If Abel tells me in my face that he got the situation under control, I believe him wholeheartedly even though he tend to be an ass most times.

I blinked my eyes severally as I came out of my train of thoughts. "I think I'm going crazy. What if I sit this paper out?" I asked with a raised brow.

"You slept by 5am because you were reading for this crazy course. You can't give up now so give me your car keys. I'll drive." He stretched his right arm and I dropped my keys into them dramatically. "Leggo." He said and hopped away.

I came out of the exam hall sweating like a roasted goat. The questions were not that tough quite alright but I was so tensed that I unconsciously drew little boxes all over my answer sheet. Don't ask me why?

I retrieved my bag from the hidden spot where I kept it and immediately I felt my phone vibrating in it.

It was Cynthia.

"Hey.. Urrmm this is not a good time." I said to her as I placed the phone on my ear.

"Where are you?" She asked hurriedly.

I scrunched my face at the question, "School of course." I snapped.

"Nonso please be very careful."