Chapter 31 - Den of Deceit

«««««Nonso»»»»»

"Hey babe." Her irritating voice resonated from the other side of the phone.

"What's the meaning of that rubbish?" I spewed with venom in my voice.

"What rubbish?" She retorted.

"That video."

She gasped loudly and giggled a little, "You saw it already? Wow! News do fly." She said.

I gripped the steering so hard to calm my anger, "You are going to chat her up and tell her that everything is fake!" I stated with authority.

"And why would I want to do that?"

I sighed "Liz I can't believe you could stoop as low as this." I accused.

"Well now you believe. Listen babe if I can't have you then no one else will. Bye babe." She spat and hung up immediately.

She even have the guts to call me babe. She's definitely going to pay dearly for this.
But for now, I have to make sure Soma doesn't digest the wrong information.

I revved the engine and drove straight to her lodge.

"Nonso?" Oluchi called my name with little shock as she held the door slightly open.

"Hello. Please where's Soma?" I queried in jumbled words as I peered inside the room.

"She left." She said and walked back into the room leaving the door open. I took it as my cue and followed her.

"To where?" I asked.

She hoped on her bed, "I don't know. Maybe the canteen or something." She answered carelessly and tapped away on her phone.

This girl is never serious when I need her help and it's so frustrating because she's the closet person I know to Soma.

I retrieved my phone from my pocket and dialed Soma's number.

"She's not picking up." I sighed in frustration after trying her number for the third time.

Oluchi rubbed her chin with her index finger and looked towards the ceiling, feigning to be in deep thought. "And why am I not surprised?" She said mockingly.

She has a point though.

"Dial her number please." I pleaded but she ignored and continued pressing her phone.

I simply hate the fact that women love being begged and petted before you get anything from them.
Like why do they have to be a difficult set of specie?

I stood still and fixed my gaze on her as she slowly lifted her eyes to meet mine.

"Okay okay." She surrendered when she couldn't bear my intense stare any longer.
She dialed Soma's number and placed the phone on her ear. "Its not available." She said as she tried again.

"Something is not just right." I muttered as I rubbed my chin and paced frantically in the room.

"Maybe she switched off her phone or something. She will be back." She stated but that wasn't just convincing enough.

"Did she tell you anything before she left?" I questioned.

"She received a call which I'm guessing was from Helen judging from the way she was all bubbly." She shrugged unconsciously.

"Then call Helen." I blurted and she flared.

"Will you stop being so bossy!! You can't just come here and order me around like your puppet, if you need anything you fucking get it yourself!!" She immediately stood from the bed and confronted me.
"Since she's not here I think you should leave. I wouldn't want my boyfriend to meet you here." She jetted.