Chapter 23 - Handsome Devil

«««««Soma»»»»»

"I'm dead! I'm dead!! I'm dead!!!" I yelled immediately i stepped into my room, releasing nada of the pent up tension in me.

I heard a familiar groan, "Who killed you?" She asked.

I ran to Oluchi's corner just as she gently slipped her blanket off her body, "Ohh! You are here." I asked with surprise.

If I knew she was here, I wouldn't have bothered going to his place at first.

"Yes I'm here so who killed you?" She asked again and yawned loudly.

I sat on her bed and resumed shaking my legs consistently, "God! I'm so dead; I'm never going to show my face to the world again." I said and slapped my head over and over again.

She assumed a sitting position, "What happened nah?" She inquired inquisitively.

"No! No!! No!!!" I was still hating and regretting, the next thing I heard and felt was a knock on my head. Ouch!.
I flared, "Ahhh! Do you want to injure me?" I yelled at her as I held the sacrificial part of my head.

She shook her head, "You can't just wake me from my sleep for nothing. Start talking." She ordered while snapping her fingers.

"We almost kissed." I blurted.

She knitted her brows in confusion, "Who is the 'we'?" She asked.

"Nonso and I!!" I yelled unconsciously and buried my face in my palms, "I feel so ashamed of myself." I muttered.

"Calm down! So you didn't even kiss him and you are already dying so if you had kissed him, by now we would be talking about your burial rite." She joked.

I shoved her shoulders roughly, "I'm being serious!! I don't know how we got ourselves in that state but..."

She interrupted, "If you want to talk, you calm down and don't jumble your words." She sighed and said, "I'm all ears."

"Okay,  so he confessed his feelings for me and.... and I refused him. I told him I wasn't ready and... and." I blabbed and stuttered uncontrollably.

"And...." She drawled on the word, signifying me to continue.

I held my breath and spewed out the rest, "And I picked my bag to leave then; I looked at him and... and... and I tried to kiss him." I blurted and collapsed with my back on her bed.

"Ohhh! So you initiated it!" She affirmed with wide eyes.

See! She too didn't  expect such from me.

"And he rejected me. I'm such a fool." I returned to slapping my head physically, "I'm a big fool!!" I reviled.

"But I thought you said you rejected him?" She asked.

"I did. I told him I wasn't ready for any relationship but then we were so close that I lost my senses. I felt so.... I just.." All the adjectives and adverbs I knew couldn't just qualify or modify my feelings.

"Okay that's enough!" She said and pulled me closer to her, "Come here." She said again.

I moved closer and rested my head on her bosom while she patted my head and back with her two hands, "Your brain and your heart were obviously on different levels. Your brain says 'No' and your heart screams 'Yes'. It's not your fault alright." She explained in a very calm soothing tone.

"I should have had more self control." I muttered.

She sighed, "Yes but we all make mistakes. Why did you refuse him at first and then initiate a kissing session."