Bonus Chapter

«««««Nonso»»»»»

I didn't take my car keys and there's no way I would go back to that house without giving Abel another punch on his mouth, my knuckles were already sore from the punches I delivered to him. Therefore I had to take a public bus and went back to the hospital.

That was the only place my brain could think of. At least if I sit with Soma's limp body for a while, maybe and just maybe I would be able to think straight and handle situations like the man that I am. Because lately I've been feeling less of it.

I alighted at the bus stop nearest to the hospital and continued my journey on foot.
They said that when life gives you bees; you make honey, when it gives you lime; you make lemonades, but what would you do when all it gives you is anger and rage? What exactly do you make out of that? Happiness and Smiles?.
Life is just harder than simultaneous equation.

At the reception of the hospital, I met Oluchi with two bottles of water. I was too busy in my head though to ask her why.

"Nonso boo. You are here." She chimed as she approached me as cheerful as the morning bird.

"Yeah. Please don't call me that." I replied begrudgingly.

She came close to me and clicked her tongue, "Make me. Nonso boo." She whispered in my ears and started laughing.

I shook my head and smiled sheepishly, "Why are you so happy? I mean you were crying when I left here." I gestured as she staggered backwards.

She opened the cap of one of the bottle and took a large gulp, "You didn't get my message?" she asked with wide eyes.

"What message?" I asked confusedly with open palm.

"Where's your phone?" She retorted.

I unconsciously touched the pockets of the black joggers I was wearing, "It should be somewhere in here..." I was still frantically searching for it when it occurred to me that I left it on the bed, in my room, "I left it at home." I confessed.

She hissed loudly and started walking away, "This is why you should always be with your phone." She advised as she took another gulp.

I furrowed my brows and couldn't help but wonder if something bad actually happened to Soma, "Did something bad happen? How's Soma?" I queried.

She turned to me as we approached a door, "Just follow me and shut your mouth for once. Tap mouth." She reviled and I zipped my mouth.
Oluchi can be very authoritative, I pity her younger siblings.

"Your water is here!" She announced as she entered the room. Immediately my eyes fell on her cheerful face, my happiness knew no bound.

"Oh my Goodness!!" I half yelled as I sat on the bed and touched her arm to be sure that this is real. "Soma!" I chanted again as my eyes traveled to her face. She was dressed in a flimsy green hospital wear and had a bandage by the side of her neck. She was also looking at me with the cutest sheepish smile.

I turned to Oluchi who was sitting in the mini fridge just beside the bed and forcing a smile with water in her mouth. "Why didn't you tell me?" I queried for the umpteenth time.

She swallowed the water, "Where's your phone?" She shot back.

A question for a question that actually makes sense.

I returned my attention back to Soma. Out of everything that has happened today, this is the only thing that has been able to put a smile on my face and made my heart bubble with joy.
I feel so much better now. Infact I've already forgotten about my family's problems. The only thing I'm thinking of now is how beautiful and cheerful her face have gotten, few hours ago they were plain and void of life, I thought I was going to lose her but now here she is staring at me with those shiny sexy eyes of hers. I couldn't be happier.
She seemed lean and her lips dry but it still didn't affect her beauty. Just a few kisses would bring back life to those sensual lips of hers.