Chapter 3 - pain ✔

This chapter is dedicated to Real_dammy16. Please do check out 'CITY WIVES' on her profile. It's really interesting.

So here's another update.

"Somuadina!!!"

I leaped from my bed in fright just to see Oluchi on her bed applying make-up "Chai nah do you want to deafen me zi."

She dropped her mirror and looked at me with a frown, "Are you sure you are okay because since yesterday you have been looking odd."

I adjusted myself before replying "I'm fine."

Isn't that what we all say?.

"And I'm not convinced." She walked towards my bed and gently placed her right palm on my left shoulder, "Did anything happen while I was away? Did anybody touch you?" She asked with her voice laced with concern.

"Gosh... You have a wild imagination." I said while playfully brushing her hand away.

"What do you want me to say when you are not acting like you."

I sighed "Lulu why do you worry too much, I'm fine" I stretched out my hands to show her, "Look at me I'm perfectly okay."

"If you say so then," She said not satisfied with my reply but she can never understand, "Aren't you going to class today?" She asked as she walked back to her bed.

"No... I'll just go to the library later."

"Alright then, I'll be on my way." She packed her make-up bag, placed it on her table, carried her handbag, and made for the door then she stopped. "Soma I just want you to know that I care a lot about you and you can also confide in me even though we are roommates I'm still your friend."

"I know that... Thank you." I replied as she smiled and left.

Immediately she left I slumped right back on the bed and covered my body with my wrapper.

I'm not okay. I'm not fine. I'm so scared.

I got another threatening-like message just yesterday and it read.

You will definitely have a share of your cake.

It really scared me. I even texted back but there was no reply.

Seems like someone is out to get me. But why?.
I'm not a troublesome person, I'm not talkative, I always try to get on the good side of anyone I meet so what could I have done that's so grievous to warrant this sort of threat?.

After a lot of brainstorming and brain cracking, I concluded that it could be Abel sending these threats. He's the only one that seems to be angry with me for reasons unknown to me, so he has to be the one.

Well, I won't know until I ask.

I'll just call him and say I'm sorry, he will probably ignore me when I try to confront him so this is the only wise idea I've got.

I uncovered myself and searched for my phone. Once I found it, I unlocked it and scrolled my contact for Abel.

I made the sign of the cross before dialing his number.

"Hello." His familiar deep intimidating voice echoed from the other end.

"Abel... Good morning." I stuttered as I swallowed hard, trying to figure out the right words to use.

"Who's this?" He asked.

Wait! Is it that he didn't look at the caller ID or he deleted my number?.