Chapter 26 : Cooking skills. Chop chop chop !

Third person point of view

Jade couldn't understand what was wrong. Ken just came up and asked him this question. " Yeah....I do ". " Then cook lunch for me and bring it ". " Huh ? " Jade shook his head. " Ken, calm down. Take a deep breath. Close your eyes. Relax ". He saw Ken follow his instructions. " Now open your eyes ". Ken opened his eyes and he was a bit calm than before. " Now tell me ". " I still want you to cook for me ". Jade took a deep breath. " Will you at least tell me why ? " 

" Luke kept boasting about how Leo cooked for him. I want you to cook for me too ". Jade chuckled. " Fine, I will. But, in that case shouldn't you be the one cooking for me ? " Ken shook his head. " I don't care about all those. I want you to, that's it ". Jade laughed. " Okay, okay. I will, alright ? " Ken smiled and nodded. " You are such a kid ". " So ? " Ken asked proudly. " Nothing, no problem ". Jade smiled shaking his head and raising his hands in surrender. " You had lunch ? " Ken nodded. " What about you ? Aren't you having it late ? " 

" I had to set up my table and everything so it took me time ". " So, how is your first day ? " " It is good so far. Looks like the fact that I am your friend spread very fast ". Ken laughed. " Don't worry. When they see how talented you are, they wouldn't dare talk anything. In case someone bullies you, let me know. I will protect you. I am quite powerful ". Ken winked at Jade. He laughed lightly looking at Ken's pride. " Sure ". 

Luke was looking through the files and Ken came in with a cup of coffee. He put it on the table and started stacking the papers that were all over the table. " Take a break. Your eyes will hurt ". Luke smiled and went to the couch taking the cup along with him. He took a sip while walking to the couch when the door opened to reveal Kayla. Ken turned around to see who it was, but when he saw it was her, he turned around. 

He glanced at Luke who nodded his head oh so lightly that no one can ever catch it except Ken. Luke sat on the couch putting the cup on the table and ignored Kayla completely. She snickered. " Now you don't even notice me ? " " I never did ". Luke said as he massaged his forehead with his left hand. She didn't know what to say. " Where do I put these ? " Ken asked turning to Luke. " Let them be there only. I will check later ". Ken started looking at the other ones. " So, it is like this. Let me see. I will make sure that you guys are going to break up. Mark my words ". 

" I don't have a marker. Ken give me one ". Ken obediently took a few to Luke. " Which color do you prefer ? " He showed the ones which were in different colors. She could only stomp away in rage. He gave a high five to Ken and fell back on the couch. " What a headache ". He shook his head and picked up his cup. Ken sat with him till he was done. " Better ? " Ken asked when Luke finished his cup. Luke nodded and got up to go to his seat. Ken picked up the cup and was about to get up. " The markers, they might be useful later ". Ken put them in the stand and winked at Luke. Luke shook his head smiling and Ken smiled too. He left the room. 

Luke was on the way home. He wondered if Kayla went to Leo again. But he doubted it, because he would have told him if it happened so. But then he was not sure. He entered the house to find it empty. He looked around and didn't find Leo anywhere. He was not in the kitchen too. He then walked up to their room to find him there. 

He saw Leo sitting in front of a canvas and was painting something. He sighed in relief. He saw Leo look up at him. " Oh. When did you come ? " " Just now. Continue. Don't mind me ". Luke sat on the bed. " I thought you would like to do it in the other room ". " I wanted a change, so I sat here for now ". Luke nodded. " Do you have a problem with it ? " Luke laughed. " Why would I ? No, nothing like that. It is fine ". Leo nodded smiling.