Chapter 20 : A new start.

Third person point of view

The next morning, Leo was the first one to wake up. He opened his eyes slowly and to his surprise he found Luke's face in front of his. They were not so close, but Luke's hand was on his waist. He was bewildered but didn't dare move. He didn't want to wake Luke up. It would be just too embarrassing. So he slowly removed Luke's hand and got out of bed without making any kind of noise. He tip-toed to the bathroom in a quick pace. He exhaled the breath that he was holding. That was quite a shock for the first thing in the morning. He finished all his routine and dressed up. He didn't wake Luke up and went down to the kitchen.

There were not many ingredients right now in the house. Leo checked around for those he could use for making breakfast. The things right now were not more in quantity as well. So he used the ones he could find and prepared it. He found some bread to toast. He checked the refrigerator and found some eggs. 

Luke was alone on the bed when he woke up. He wondered if Leo has already left. He went to the bathroom, finished his routine and took a shower. He then got dressed and went down. Leo saw Luke coming down dressed up. Luke saw Leo putting the plates on the table. He was surprised to see that, Leo has even finished preparing breakfast. Luke went and sat at the table. " Why did you prepare all this ? We would have gone out ". " It is fine. Not a problem ". Leo also sat down to eat. " You know to cook ? " Leo nodded. 

" How is it ? " Luke took a bite and it was good. " Nice ". Leo smiled when saw how Luke's eyes beamed and started eating too. " You don't really need to do it, you know. We can just buy it ". " Why? Is it not to your liking ? " Luke shook his head. " I didn't mean it that way. Why do you want to stress yourself about it daily ? " " Did I say I have a problem to cook daily ? I don't mind it at all. But the thing is there are not many things to cook. We need to buy them as soon as possible. The things now will last only a few days ". Luke nodded. " Sure ". Leo nodded. 

Once they were done, they cleaned up the table. Luke was standing near the table. Leo stopped when he turned around and saw Luke still standing there. Luke walked up to Leo. " Umm....so....if this is what it is going to be like daily, then I am fine with it. As long as we get along happily, everything will be fine ". Leo examined Luke's face. His eyes traveled from Luke's eyes then down to his lips. Leo lowered his eyes and nodded with a small smile. Luke hugged Leo, catching him by surprise. Leo wasn't expecting it, he just stood there awkwardly. Luke pulled away with a smile and winked at Leo before leaving the kitchen.

They walked out of the house together. " How are you going ? " Leo showed his car keys to Luke. " You brought it here ? " Leo nodded. " Fine. See you. Bye ". Leo waved at Luke. " You too and drive safe ". Luke waved and then drove away. Leo also left after Luke. Leo saw Jade playing on his phone at their usual place. Jade noticed Leo when he sat beside him. " Oh, why are you early even today ? " " What do you mean by that ? Is there something wrong with it ? Shouldn't I ? " " I thought....you will be late today. Is your hip sore ? " 

" You jerk ". Leo smacked Jade's head. " Ouch ! That hurt ". Jade rubbed his head but was smiling. Leo replied with a scowl. " You deserve it ". " Fine, let's go ". Leo got up along with Jade. Luke entered his office. He didn't find Ken today. Ken came in late. He was surprised to see that Luke was already at the office. " You came on time ? " " Why are you late ? " Ken gave a stupid grin. " I thought you will sleep in and be late ". 

Luke clenched his jaw at his words. " I can escape from getting in jail after I kill someone using my power right ? " Ken swallowed hard as he felt a lump in his throat and a knot in his stomach. " Please have a good day sir ". He gave a professional smile and left the room. Luke shook his head and busied himself.

A few days later

Luke really started liking Leo's cooking. He was good at it and the taste of home food is never bad. He wants to eat more of his dishes. It was lunch time and Ken came in with the lunch. " Lunch is here ". Luke stood up from his chair and went to the couch. He was about to pick up his spoon, but was stopped by his ringing phone. He checked the ID and it was Leo. He was surprised that Leo called him. They weren't really calling each other much these days. A few days before their wedding and a few days into their married life, they didn't call each other. So it was a bit surprising. Luke picked it up. 

Leo was painting but suddenly remembered that he forgot to ask Luke about when they will go for grocery shopping. They were almost out of all ingredients and other things too. His hands were having stains of paint. Jade came in a few minutes ago, to go along with him for lunch. " Hey Jade. Give me my phone ". Jade picked it up and held it in front of Leo. " Help me call Luke". " WHAT ? " " Why are you shouting ? Call him, my hands are dirty ". Jade called and held the phone in front of Leo after putting it in speaker mode. 

Luke answered the call with a smile. Ken smirked since he knew better than anyone, that only Leo was the one who can bring that smile. He sat back watching his friend, enjoying it so much. " Hello darling. What is it ? Missed your hubby ? " Jade was shocked and wanted to laugh out loud, but he contained it in. He used the other hard to cover his mouth. " What the hell Luke ? Missing you, your ass ". Luke laughed at his reaction. Leo was embarrassed even more. It would have been fine if he was the only one hearing these, but now Jade was too. 

                                                  -MG

Author notice :

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 My goodness ! Luke is such a mood. 🤣🤣 Anyways. I was not sure of the division of these coming chapters, so I did it pretty randomly maybe. 😅🙈 So please bear with me. 👉🏻👈🏻 

The reply I got from my BR for this chapter was, " You had to put in that hug ". 😂🤣 Of course I had to, if not I wouldn't have inner peace. 😂 

I am not sure about what is wrong with me. But it just........sucks. I am trying but something isn't right. I will try my best to fix myself, so just bear with me for a while. I seriously want to apologize for the inconvenience.😕😭🙃 My BR has been so supportive all the while. I am really grateful. What would I do without that person ?  🥺