Chapter 12: Mission Time (part 2)

"So what car Piper ?" I looked around at the bright white room. It looked like your typical futuristic looking room. Glistening white walls and more then enough cars to choose from was my sanctuary.

I glanced back over my shoulder at her for an answer. This time she had the smirk on her face, "I want something fast"

I smiled back knowingly at her, "Now you're speaking my language. Let's take the Venom, c'mon" We both ran over towards the sleek black sport cars.

This 2014 Hennessey Venom was the one thing I've been dying to drive, but haven't had a valid enough reason. I checked which lot parking number it was in and ran towards the key wall.

"G-42. G-42. G-Forty- ah here we go !" I snatched up the expensive keys and ran over to see Piper gawking at the black vehicle.

She was gonna have to appreciate this glamour because if she didn't get her head in the game, she won't be able to enjoy it long.

BEEP BEEP. A click of the button, the car doors unlocked for Piper and I to slip into. An irritating buzz emitted into my ear; then a familiar voice rang loudly.

"No ! No !! Esme you can't drive, you don't have your license ! Put the keys back and I'll send back up to drive you !!"

I rose an eyebrow while sticking the key swiftly into the ignition, "Oh I can't Imani ? Well where's the fun in that?" I turned the key and looked over dead into the terrified hazel eyes of Piper, "Hold onto something."

She was going to ask what I was talking about, but was abruptly cut off the skirting of the tires.

She wanted fast, then I'll give her fast.

Imani's protest rang like sirens in my ear but it only made the moment even better. The once fully open garage door was slowly closing.

Challenge accepted Imani.

Immediately, I slammed my foot on the gas and off we went. Tires skidding across the sleek flooring was like harps and angels singing to me. From the corner of my eye, I could see Piper struggling to put her seatbelt on. Dumby should've put it before the engine started.

The garage doors were lowering and lowering now intimidatingly; I'm gonna make it without a scratch on any part of this car. Not even the strangely high side view mirrors. Without a second thought, I pushed down both the buttons to roll the windows down and stuck my hand out to pull the side view mirrors inward. I was about to pull in Piper's but we were already racing (and squeezing) through the doors.

"Shi-" I almost forgot I was at the wheel because we hit a bump making both Piper and I yelp. Automatically I flicked closed the mirror and latched my hand onto the wheel. My wrist practically cracked at the sharp turn I made onto the road.

Jesus Christ, I almost ran us into a wall.

I turned my head towards Piper a little breathless, "Okay let's go" And off we went on the back road towards Sector V.

~~~

"Esmeralda Cartson ! What the hell is wrong with you ?!? " On our way towards the Sector, I had hooked the ear pieces to the car bluetooth. I completely regret it now because she was yelling at me in surround sound, "I told you to wait !!"

I scuffed and slouched a little lower in my seat, "Imani you take too damn long. We don't know what's going on in that sector rn"

"Rn ?" Piper finally spoke up, looking at me sceptically.

"Right now"

"I'm aware of what it means. Why couldn't you just say that ?"

"Because she's Esme," Imani was now the one to butt in, "You don't have your license. I hope you know that what you're doing is illegal"