Chapter 1: Tabasco Sauce

"Everybody bleeds," echoed the words of my father, "Everybody dies someday. So don't you ever be afraid of someone who can do what you can do"

I tried to reach out and touch him but it seemed like each second I reached out, he'd back away.

"Get up"

"Get up"

"Get up Esme"

"Get up Esme !" screamed a voice, with a swift pillow slam to the face. Without hesitation I grabbed the knife under my pillow and rose my arm up to stab, but as my eyes started to get clearer I realized it was Spits.

Spits is my "guardian" as the government says. I personally think he's the "Pain in the ass, I legally need", yet I still do love him. He's taken care of me ever since my dad died. It's not like I don't appreciate him, I truly do, it's just- it's complicated.

"Are you really gonna start the day off with blood Esmeralda ?" he snickered as he took the knife from me.

I scuffed, "Morning to you too Spits, " I struggled to push myself outta bed to the bathroom in sorrow, "And Spits, please don't call me by my government name"

Today I started my junior year of high school in the town of, MarrowVille.

MarrowVille, Vermont. Your typical town in which people all know each other and blah blah, peace and harmony.

I paced myself to the bathroom and turned the shower knob. Plopping myself on the toilet top, I waited for the water to warm up. My head hung in utter disappointment at the thought of High School, teenagers, teachers, cliques,

People in general.

I don't do good (socially) with people. Especially since I'm an assassin. I work for a secret government industry called the: Secret Arranged Assassination Terminal, or S.A.A.T for short. I was actually one of the best in their region. Because of the, shall I say, "Errands" I run, I've isolated myself from society. People at every school I'd gone to considered me "that quietly weird kid" in the class.

I slowly stepped in the shower and let my body run with the water. I gradually did all my necessaries, put on simple jeans, a tank top, my special hoodie that had the letters IDGAF across it, my red low top Converse, and was out the door with Spits.

Today he decided to use the "Single Parent" looking car, curtsy of SAAT. Being in a new town and whatnot we had to give the smalltown people the impression that we're just like them.

I leaned my head one my hand as I stared out the window. The negative vibe of "Today is gonna suck" had hit me once I left the shower and I think it must've hit me harder since we started driving.

"Look Esme," Spits spoke up in his 'fatherly manner', "We needa talk about school"

"Shoot" I nonchalantly replied.

"I know you don't socialize much-"

"Noooooo" Sarcasm filled the car in my tone.

"But you have to make friends"

"Fuck friends, I don't need any"

"And watch your mouth too. This is a strict school system"

What's this guys up to ? Spits was just a early-thirties year old white guy with a government job. He usually let me do what I wanted. I mean, Spits wasn't legally obligated to have me with him. So why is he suddenly acting like a dad ?

"Yeah, yeah Spits. Now, what do you really want ?"

"The school has arranged for you to shadow someone for a day or two. It wasn't in my control to go against it because they have yet to make your schedule. Can you handle it ?"