Chapter 12: Mission Time (part 4)

Esme~

Almost instinctively I looked at the first person to my right and fired away.

The bullet hit him right in the shoulder making him grab it. I ran up behind him and used his body as a shield while the rest of the goons shot my way. I tried shooting the gun again but there were no bullets.

So I grabbed the gun my shield's waste and shot fire at two goons; getting them right in the face area. I dropped the bloody man I was holding and looked over to where the boss was supposed to be but he was gone. What the hell ?? He couldn't have left so quickly, the Hispanic guy was still there.

"Behind you mija !!" The Hispanic man yelled. I was quick to turn around to see the man pulling a gun from his waist but was cut right off by Piper swinging from the open vent and kicking him upside the head. He hit the ground with a harsh thud; a loud cracking made me wince a bit.

I glanced at Piper jumping down from the ceiling. She smirked and wiping her hands, "Back up"

I was going to smile but the sound of a groaning man below us made me come back into reality.

I looked up at Piper again and she nodded. I nodded back and dashed for the files. From the files I dashed for the door to only see the Hispanic man in a completely far state of mind. A red headed man with a slanted jaw was helping up the boss.

That must've been the guy that shot at us. No wonder his words were in a slur, his jaw was already messed up. The bullet I put through it wouldn't help the matter.

"Welp, sorry about your men" I saluted the Hispanic man and ran right behind Piper.

We'd made it down the steps but I'm guessing they heard the sound of our shoot out; because a crowd of other goons came our way.

"Shit" I mumbled under my breath and grabbed Piper and hopped right on the railing; having us both slide down. One man hollered for us to stop but I don't know who the hell would in this kind of situation.

On the way down I sent a couple shots their way, managing to hit a couple and scrap others. Shit I needed to reload.

Once we hit the bottom, we hopped off and ran towards the back rooms.

The back rooms of SAAT Sector Houses always contain weapons if you have an ID. Luckily for us, these idiots didn't hack the database or else Piper and I would both be done for.

The sound of gunshots made me sprint faster towards the room. I felt the bullet scrape the sole of my shoes as we turned the corner. They may have terrible aim but I needed to be careful.

"Esme !! Esme what the hell is going on ?! We lost connection with you and Piper isn't responding."
I'd completely forgotten about the earpieces.

They weren't able to hear us but they were able to see what was going on and right now, nothing was pretty.

"Imani, everything is fucking crazy. We have at least 10 goons on us and no loot. We're heading to the back room but I don't know how to get them off of us"

We turned a corner and slid our way into the room. Just before my entering into the room, I dropped the files on a little nightstand in the corner of the hallway.

We locked the door and set the masterlock in the room. A bright red laser projection appeared before our eyes in the dark room.

STATE YOUR POSITION NOW. YOU HAVE APPROXIAMETELY A 10 SECOND COUNTDOWN.

"Agent Esmeralda Cartson. ID: 311590"

"Agent Piper Terry. ID: 121140"

ACCESS GRANTED. WELCOME AGENTS.