Chapter 6: You Promise Esmeralda ? prt 1

I searched through my closet in search of something remotely attractive to put on for my date.

It was 7:15 and I had to meet Vince at the local lake.

In my opinion the dirty ass lake wasn't the best ideal place to have my first date, but hey, you live and learn. The lake 5 minutes (15 minute walking) away from the house was the neighborhood's Trash Can. People threw their trash, clothes, first born kids. There were always new biochemical creatures that are forming in the lake.

If had any brain cells in your brain to tell that I was being sarcastic;

Give yourself a pat on the back.

If you actually believed me thinking I lived near some quarantined baby flinging O6H12O6 type of establishment;

Please slap yourself silly.

"Oooh Esme has an outfit crisis" cooed Piper as she walked in drinking a bottle of water.

"Fuck off Pepper" I barked as I continued to search.

"It's Piper ! Not the freaking spice"

We continued in silence (between each other). She sat on her bed and watched TV while I still struggled to find something to wear.

I could hear a corny commercial for Progressive. It's the one where there was a Flo Bot designed to help the company. Flo got jealous and took out Flo Bots batteries. I swear to God, I hate those commercials.

For one, Flo's voice is annoying as hell. Two they're never funny. Third of all, I don't even understand how that company even makes money; they're terrible.

I could hear Piper picking up the remote. Next thing I know, Flo's voice is practically echoing off of the walls around the room. Hi, welcome to Progressive ! Hi ! Hi ! Hi !

My teeth tightly shut together as I gritted my teeth. I flung my fist against the metal door making a bang overpower the TV. Piper immediately averted her gaze in my direction.

"For the love of everything holy, Pepper, turn that shit off !" I demanded over my shoulder.

She just smirked and went back to the TV. I went on with my searching. My whole closet consisted of t-shirts and jeans !! What the hell ?!? I swear Spits or HQ needs to pay me so I can get a better wardrobe.

"Why are you being so hormonal ?" Piper asked. She put emphasis on the last word making me stop. Me being hormonal ? Is she serious ?

I pushed myself off the closet doors and trotted over to Piper's bed. I hopped over the bed post and land on her sheets. They were a nice tinted shade of purple. They had a soft smooth feel to it leaving a sensation on my palms as I rubbed the sheets.

"Hey nice purple sheets. What's this fleece ?" I complimented (for once).

"They're lavender. And yeah they're fleece. They were my mom's" Her voice trailed off at the end. Her usual green and brown eyes didn't shine like they normally did. They were just dull.

"Yeah... So umm, YEAH ! The reason why I'm so hormonal is because I'm a teenager." I had to get rid of the awkward tension in the air. It was killing me softly.

Ha ha. Get it ? Because I'm an assassin ? No ? Okay.

"Well duh Esmeral-"

"Esme"

"Esme. I know that you're a teen. You're usually chill and nonchalant. Not all worried and chiz. C'mon what's going on ?"

Her eyes now glowed again in curiosity.