Chapter 12: Mission Time (part 3)

Hey guys ❤️

I'm sooooo sorry I haven't been able to update. If you follow me you can clearly see me fangirling all over this app but not updating.

It's bc my internet in the house has been down and I literally write all my books by laptop. I only write Short (as me) Tales on my phone bc that book is like a stress reliever.

BUT ALAS ! I HAVE FOUND AN APP THAT SHARES WORD DOCS W/ OR W/O INTERNET.

YEAH !!

So now since I love you all I wrote the remain two parts.

RECAP

~Esme and Piper had to go to the Sector to see if there was any intruders/problems

~They have a shitty back up that ends up falling from a ledge.

~They make it up to the doc room.

~They find files and documents that have something to do with them.

~They hear people coming up the steps.

~They both hide in an airvent and are now stuck in a stick situation.

Enjoy ;) <3 ❤️
__________________________________________________
Esme~

"Come on, talk to me; let's get down to business" The rough Russian voice filled not only the room but our silent and cramped vent. Multiple footsteps were heard walking in with laughs and whatnot. If only they knew what the hell was just above their heads.

Literally.

The sound of things being moved around also went through the room.

"So let's discuss the movement of supplies señor," another voice with a Hispanic accent spoke up.

The suspense was freaking killing me to see the faces, "There has been many problems regarding getting the stuff from Point A to Point B"

"Well tell me, I would like to know this 'problem'."

"The Agents are always coming in and killing off my men. We are a peaceful service; I didn't come into the game ready for a fight. I came in to ship your things and get my cut"

The Agents was what the enemy called us. Besides all the other names I was called when I was kidnapped by them and had to fight them; that's the most respectful thing they can call us.

"Wif all due respect sur, dis isn't a fairy tale bullshit. This is war" Now this time the Irish slurring accent spoke in. Honestly to God his voice was a combination of a drunken slur and a deep evil voice. Oh God we some shit ahead for us.

Piper leaned in with her eyebrows furrowed extremely hard, "War ?? What the heck does he mean by wa-"

I shushed her trying not to be any louder because we could get caught.

You may be thinking, "Esme you're an assassin. KILL THEY ASSES" But I shall have you know that right now is not the time because:
1) I don't know what the hell I'm up against
2) I don't know what they have down there because I'm pretty sure I heard a loading of a glock.

"The contract said a no violence policy. I give these men a chance to change themselves from jail not to come out and be killed by-by bandidos !!" You could hear the bass in the Hispanic man's voice.

The sound of fist hitting the desk made both Piper and I flinch. I automatically regret it because it all became silent in the room.

"Did you hear that ?" You could hear the suspicion in the Irish man's voice.

"Shut up, it's not important right now," I could even imagine the Russian man waving his partner off; "You also signed the contract bidding you'll continue with us until the project is due. Or else we'd send a little anonymous letter to the government about your 'under the table' business"
Oh shit.

"You need to stop having my men killed. Do something about these Agents because I can't cover up every damn assassination !!"

"Lowuh (lower) yo voice !" The Irish man yelled and once again another bang erupted from the room below.

Piper flinched once again making me so ready to get her on the spot.

"Aight now that's nawt (not) just nuffin boss. I ont like duh sound of that" The stomps of the man sounded as if they came closer to us.

The stomps stopped right below us.

Both Piper and I looked at each other with a worried look.

She whispered almost not even audibly, "Oh shit Esm-"

The sound of that familiar glock reloading made her shut her mouth. Her hazel eyes widened and looked at me as if I was supposed to have a plan. In reality I don't.

"Piper, if we have to go down there; back me up"

"What are yo-"

"Shut up and back me up"

All of a sudden, multiple bangs emitted from below us and we both hopped up, hugging each other almost on the air vent. Both Piper and I looked at all the bullet holes that were spread across the vents. Right where we were laying.

"Look at you making holes in the ceiling. Bruce put the gun down" The Russian man sounded almost annoyed by his colleague.

When in reality he should be grateful for his partner's ability to spot danger.

Once again the glock was reloaded and you could hear him stop closer, "Nuh-uh boss. I kno somefin's up ther. And I'm gonna kill it"

I looked down through the airvent to see his head turned in the direction of his boss. I looked back at Piper one last time and stated,

"Back me up"

Before she could give me a response the man caught my gaze and I already was way ahead of him. I kicked my way through the vent and smashed him right on the top of his head with the vent and my foot. He hit the floor with a thud and I was not taking any chances with him. I grabbed the gun from his hand and immediately shot him in this back a couple times. Little did I know that there was way more than the three men
Piper and I heard speaking.

There were at least five goons (including the one I just shot), a brown man who stood there in horror at my doing, and one man with gelled back brunet hair.

I guess I have my work cut out for me tonight.