Chapter 4: Piece of Shit W/ Sprinkles

"Spits ! Did you just say partner ?!?"

My voice literally at the highest it had been in years. I was frustrated, had lower back pain, and felt the time of the month coming. I really needed some ice cream now.

"Listen Esme. She's gonna be your temporary partner on this big case we're on right now. I know you're good at your job but one of you isn't enough, okay ?"

I turned my head downward and noticed the girl was still heavy breathing a bit but calmed down.

"Oh get up !!" I sassed, "I didn't even chock you that hard !"

Scuffing, she hopped up and brushed herself off. She just looked back over at all of us and had a weird little smile on her face.

~~~

We were all now silently in the car on the ride back. I was in the front with Spits while she was in the back. I swear, why the hell do I even need a partner ? She's just gonna slow me down.

"Spits, am I still getting my ice cream ?" I asked with a slight attitude in my tone.

He nodded his head a gave me a tiny "mmhm" of approval.

From the rear view mirror I could she had a tiny smile on her face.

She softly spoke up, "Ice cream ? I haven't had any in so long"

"Wow that's terrific !!" I replied sarcastically, "Like oh my Lord and savior ! God shut up. What the is your name again ? Pepper, Pipper, Cripper, Dicker ?"

Her jaw clenched as her eyes darkened at me.

"My name is Piper. Piper."

"Well that's a stupid name"

"Says the girl who's name is longer than she can count"

I quickly turned me head around and was ready to fight her.

"Okay look here you little shit !!"

Her and I had been throwing insults at each other for what it seemed to be forever until Spits cut us off.

"GUYS !!! CUT. IT. OUT !!!! Look we're already here, so both of act like you can at least tolerate each other in this Sweet Frog or I swear to God you both will get it when we get home !" He threatened us as he parked the car. He let out a little sigh and handed me two $10 bills, "Look, I'm gonna go to the mall for a bit. You two split the money 50/50 got it ?"

I groaned and sadly shook my head. I grabbed the money, thanked him, and left the car. Piper and I both trotted across the street to the Sweet Frog. Once we pushed the door open the sweet smell of yogurt and sweets tickled my nose. I pulled out the $10 bill and shoved it towards Piper.

"Here," I groaned in annoyance, "Now you go get your shit and I'll get mine."

Before I could say anything else a tall familiar face came walking up towards me with a tiny smile on his face.

"Hey um, Esmeralda is it ? Yeah, I'm the guy from Chipotle. You gave me your friend's number ?" he shyly told me.

I had to admit he looked good. Okay scratch that, very good. He had a tight Under Armor long sleeve with a jersey tied around his waist. The tight shirt only made his muscles pop out more, and the gray color brought out his blue eyes. And his bright smile...

"Oooh Esme ! Why didn't you introduce me to your friend ?" Piper cooed behind me.

I quickly turned around and gave a death defying glare. She smiled sweetly as I looked back at the guy.