Set Me Free [EXO - Chen]

Set Me Free

Characters: Esther and EXO's Chen
Genre: slight angst, romance
Author: Audrey :)

P/S: I am so sorry that this oneshot took decades T_T and I hope you like it ^^

-----

"Seongsaengnim?" A little girl with pigtails came up to you an you smiled softly at her.
"Yes Yoora?" You questioned and her pout grew.
"Taehan is being mean," she whined and pointed to the direction of the sand pit. Taehan? He's the nicest boy in class.
"He stole my puppy doll, from my bag," she added as if trying to convince you that he really is bullying her. You grabbed her hand and walked towards Taehan. Yoora is the nicest and most honest students in class too. Her and Taehan are such good friends they're almost inseparable. So for this to happen was a weird thing.
"Taehan, I believe you have something that belongs to Yoora," you said and crouched down to level with his eyes.
"I'm sorry seongsaengnim, but Jengki and Jara were throwing it and I was trying to protect it," he said, eyes glassy and I patted his head.
"I'm sorry for being mean Taehan!" Yoora said and immediately attacked him with a hug. You just stared at them with a soft smile on your lips.
"It's okay Yoora, do you want to play?"
"Don't cry Esther, do you want to hang out with me?"
"Okay!" Yoora said cheerfully and you left them be after ruffling their hair.

-----

You placed your bag right next to the couch on the floor and went to change your clothes. In days like this when you are home early without any marking or report writing jobs to do, it was when you really miss his presence. Not that You didn't feel it, you felt it very much, but the hyperactive kids and the amount of work to do just sort of distracted you from all the pain and agony and emptiness.
You changed into a pair of track pants and a plain shirt, snuggling into a jumper at the end.

Finally settling in front of your TV, you started eating your takeaway pasta whilst waiting for the program to start. You've never missed this show, Hello Counsellor. You didn't know why you like it so much. It's just a bunch of people bringing up their problems in hopes of people helping them with it. Maybe you secretly hoped that someone is in a situation similar to yours and the hosts' solution and advice can help you go somewhere in life.

When the title 'HELLO COUNSELLOR CHRISTMAS SPECIAL: IDOL EDITION!' came up, you couldn't help but to wonder what is going to happen in this particular episode. Are the original hosts going to be replaced by idols? Your eyes stayed glued to the screen and the original hosts were still there. "Today, Hello Counsellor received some special guests! We won't be counselling ordinary people, but idols! It's time to see what their life holds behind the fame and flashing stage lights. Please welcome EXO!"

Your body tensed up immediately. EXO?
"Esther, I'm sorry but we have to break up..."
That means...
"So, Chen-sshi!" the host said and you flinched on your seat.
"Ne!" he answered, he sounded so cheerful and so...happy.
"Are you up first?" the host asked and his cheshire smile grew beautifully, decorating his lips.

-----

"Ah...now that we've heard Tao's problem of darkness, we can listen to Chen's right?" the host seems so fascinated by Chen today.
"Ah ne...What's your problem?" the other host asked and Chen's smile turned sad and melancholic.
Your pasta is forgotten, cold and hard. You lost your appetite and you had no willpower to do anything besides watch.
"Her name is Esther..." you flinched on your seat, tugged your blanket higher and stared at the television.
"Your girlfriend? Is this what you've been hiding?" the audience gasped as Kris blurted out the sentence.
"Hyung! She's my...ex. We used to date back high school and the first year of university.