Come Back [EXO Baek Hyun]

Come Back

Characters: Li Baozhai and EXO's Baekhyun
Genre: Sad, cute
Author: Audrey

A/N: I am so sorry it took a long time and I hope you like it! ^_^

-
Li Baozhai's POV

"Hello, my name is Byun Baekhyun, please treat me well!" The guy with permed hair, braces and thick glasses bowed in front of the class. The rest of the class snickered and immediately whispered to their seat mates about the new geek that just came in. I twirled my pen in between my forefinger and thumb as my friend whisper to my ears.
"I swear the people in our class are so rude!" She said and I laughed inwardly at her.
"Alright, Mr. Byun please sit at the back corner next to the window, just behind Miss Jung Eunji," Mrs Song said and Eunji immediately raised her hand up. Eunji is my seat mate and my best friend too.
"Hello! My name is Jung Eunji and this is Li Baozhai," I waved my hand at him and he smiled as he took his seat, immediately avoiding piercing gazes.

-----

"Alright guys, don't forget, reports due by tomorrow," Miss Kim said at the end of class and we were dismissed.
"Are you going to practice?" Eunji asked and I nodded.
"I better get going, see you!" I waved and gave her a teasing kiss on the cheek.
"God dammit Baozhai! I hope you get robbed on the bus!" She half shouted and I scowled at her. She always manages to scare me with her robber stories. And ghost stories too. Well I'm not exactly the bravest person in the neighborhood but still, she makes scary stories.

-----

Standing at the bus stop, fanning my face and clutching to my bottled water, I hissed and cursed at the weather and the scorching temperature today. Winter is just around the corner how can it be this hot? Maybe it's just me after practice. I hailed the bus and tapped my bus card before taking a vacant seat next to the window. When the bus came to a stop again, a pile of people came on and I wondered what's the event that made them come home this late.
"Umm..can I sit here?" A voice said and I took out my earphones before nodding and smiling at the new guy. Byun Baekhyun right?

-----

Two years from then. Byun Baekhyun, was another man. He's changed so much. He asked me out after 8 months of knowing me and talking to me in class, in between class, after school, on the bus and during breaks. We were inseparable. He's lost the glasses and replaced them with contacts that made his eyes look even more captivating. He had the most beautiful brown eyes I've ever seen in my whole 18 years of life.
He started working out and his hair has straightened. His teeth perfectly aligned thanks to the braces. He was not the Byun Baekhyun I started dating and loving. Not only he physically changed. His personality too. It was almost like, he was possessed.
"Baekhyun, do you want to watch a movie together?" I asked as we held hands.
"I'm busy, what about tomorrow?" He turned and grinned innocently.
"Sur-"
"Baekhyun oppa!!" I heard a squeal from the group of girls ahead of us.
"Yo Baekhyun!" A deep voice said and he turned to me and smiled.
"I've gotta go, see you tomorrow baobei," and he pecked my lips quickly before disappearing before me. It's amazing how his status changed in the course of two years. Geek Baekhyun is no more than history now. And cool, popular Baekhyun is what's everyone going to acknowledge. I sighed and clutched to my bag. I don't even know my boyfriend anymore.

-----

"Baekhyun where are you??" I asked trough the phone as I clutched to my coat. It was freezing outside and yet I'm still waiting for Baekhyun. Did something happen to him? Why did he make me wait this late?
"Babe! So sorry! Something came up suddenly and I went, sorry!!" He apologized but then I heard a squeal and background sounds that doesn't suggest that he isn't in an important event.
"It's alright," I hung up immediately. Tears brimming and I walked in the snow alone.