𝓎𝑜𝓊'𝓇𝑒 𝓈𝓅𝑒𝒸𝒾𝒶𝓁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm sorry," The doctor finished leaving. The parents stood there soon breaking down into sobs.

What happened? What was going on? It was happy sobs right? He did it, right?

"What's going on?" I walk over to them. They look at me, there eyes screaming pain. No, no this wasn't a good sign.

"Y/n i-" Miss Oikawa started. I couldn't hear the world was spinning. Those next words that came out of her mouth were not what I was thinking. "I'm sorry sweetie, he.. he didn't make it," She sobs.

I fall to my knees. I can't focus, no. I finally found him, I finally got him. And now i'm losing him. LOSING HIM! God, I can focus I run out of there stumbling. I can't walk, I can't think. I can't do this.

///////////////TIME SKIP////////////////////////

It's been a month. I don't see the point in a lot anymore. School has been depressed without the joyful spirit. I quit volleyball, I quit life truly. Aikio tried to visit me a lot but I denied. Encouraging her to spend it with her boyfriend.

One person always showed up no matter if I wanted him or not. Ushijima heard the news and came to my house a few days after. Letting me cry to him till late at night. I knew it had to have some affect on him. But he stood there and helped me through it.

Today was the day of the funeral and I was going to his house to keep some of his belongings. His family didn't want to go through it at first. It was too hard.

This was also going to be the first time I see Iwazumi, since he learned about the tragedy.

"Are you ready to leave y/n?" Ushi asked, checking himself in the mirror.

"I guess," I sighed. Looking at myself in this dark dress. Maybe Tōru would have found it cute. Who knows, who cares? I care, well of course I do. I can't ever not think of him. Sometimes I wonder if he is looking down on me, wanting to make sure i'm okay.

We all get in the car together packed. Haru insisted on coming since he liked my boyfriend and my grandma decided to show also.

Since the death, things with my father have been rocky and I just tend to keep my distance. He never would understand how much I cared for that boy.

"Y/n, i'm so glad you could make it," Tōru's mother pulled me into a tight hug and lead me to his room.

Tears started to drift down my eyes once again, when I laid eyes on the untouched room. There were photos of us happy. The ones I would laugh about telling him to stop. That's when I remembered the one of him eating messily, one photo only I knew.

The tears kept coming I couldn't stop. Ushijima held onto my shoulder. He walked around the room with me while I picked up some of his things.

"God, why," I cried, sitting down on his bed. I couldn't stand right now. "Why did you have to leave me? We were doing amazing, I should have given you another kiss before you left," I sobbed now, Ushi rubbing my shoulder.

I wiped them away, standing up and regaining my balance. Now I had to go down to the funeral and watch the face so many people loved get buried. I tossed a flower down. Trying to mumble a goodbye on this gloomy day.

"Y/n, I want you to have this," Miss Oikawa spoke up. "He wanted you to have this, if the surgery didn't work,"

"He knew about the risks?"

"Of course, he knew he most likely wouldn't make it. He couldn't tell you that though, he wrote this. I'm sorry, I should have given it sooner," She sobbed.

"No, it's okay," I rip open the envelope and sit on the ground, against a tree.

It read "Y/n if you are reading this the surgery didn't work out. I'm sorry, I should have told you I knew about the risks. I just hate seeing the person I love the most sad. I wanted to end on a happy note.

From the first time I laid eyes on you to the last I knew you are the one for me. Those other fans couldn't be anything compared to you. You are something else, your silliness which you only showed if you were comfortable with someone. Your kind spirit which always shown through you, but then again you also had a mean spirit when enough was enough. Your intelligence, even if you weren't super smart with everything you strived in certain things.

I wish we could marry each other, have a family, grow old. I wanted all that with you. I imagined how I would eventually propose. How I would take care of you when it came to the pregnancy. If we had a son, and how we would make him take up volleyball. Most likely our daughter too.

Anyways you made me feel true happiness. You made me not feel so alone and that I always had to be perfect to get what I want. You showed me it's okay to have flaws, you still loved me for them. You didn't just care about my looks, you cared for the real me. Y/n L/n you are you. You are mine. You are special," I couldn't stop the tears. It felt like my heart was ripped out of my chest.

"Tōru" I cried. "I love you!" I screamed into the sky, praying he heard the love.

"You're special," I heard someone whisper. I looked down and felt a aura by me. One similar to Tōru's and a presence on my hand and cheek. "You will always be special,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This story has been great, thanks for everyone who read.

I may or may not be in tears. Lowkey regret the ending because i'm sad myself 💀

Please tell me what you think! Hope everyone is well!

(Check out the other stories I have written! And lmk if you want me to write any others.)