𝓅𝒶𝓇𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓇

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oikawa huh?" I responded. I had heard his name before arriving to this school. I know he is a really good setter and knows how to play with his teammates. When I had gone to Nekoma, Kuroo told me a little bit about him. But they never did many practices matches against each other.

Kuroo has been a friend of mine for 2 years, ever since my first year of high school. He was amazing at volleyball and we would always practice together. He would come to some of my games and I would go to a few of his. It was hard when I had to move since I was leaving friends I had made and a place I felt safe in. But things happen and here I am.

"He has several fan clubs, and girls love making and giving him thing," Akiko told me. "Personally, I think his friend is cuter, but whatever,"

"Welcome class, and welcome our new student y/n! Y/n do you mind standing up for us and tell us something about you." The teacher asked.

"Oh sure, I have a younger brother and i'm a big fan of playing and watching volleyball. I hope you all accept me as a classmate and we all get along," I quickly sat back down. I liked being outgoing with people I knew and I always tried to be outgoing with new people. But it took me a long time to have that confidence.

I never liked bragging about my abilities, it never made me feel any superior. It just made me feel like some kind of jerk and I rather not be known for that.

"Well that was very interesting. For the next week or two you will be getting a partner and you will work on a project with them about something that is important that everyone has. It can be a object or more a person, it's your choice. I will be assigning the partners later. For now, open your math books to page 34," The teacher commanded us. I thought it was crazy to have a partner thing already. Especially since the chances of me getting the one person I knew was really small.

                  **✿❀                                   ❀✿**

Finally it was break time, Akiko and I went to sit with some of the other third year girls. She introduced me to all of them and they were all very friendly. Akiko insisted on telling them about my volleyball achievements and how I was really a second year. I told her to hold off on the second year thing since for some people it was awkward.

It was time for class again and all of us were anxious to see who there partners were.

"Before I give you your partners, I want you to get to know them. For the first week on this project you must spend time with them outside of school. Now I will hand you a sheet and your partners name will be on it. Get started on this over the weekend and you have the rest of class to talk amongst yourselves." The teacher told us and started handing out the papers, Akiko got hers and squeeled a little.

"Who did you get?" I asked excited, I thought she might have gotten me and I was now excited too.

"I got Iwaizumi!" Akiko exclaimed.

"Oh um him?"

"Sorry, you will get someone good don't worry! I just hope you don't get some kid who hates working,"

"Yeah, me too," The teacher handed me my sheet and I quickly looked at the name. It looked unfamiliar. "Wait, who's Tōru?" I asked confused at the name. All of a sudden a girl yelled a little upset at who she got as her partner.

(so currently y/n only knows oikawa by his last name and on the sheet it only says his first name - this is to clear up any confusion)

"Oh you got him?"

"Yeah, now who is he?" I asked confused still.

"Hey, i'm Tōru, but just call me Oikawa," A taller guy said standing right behind me.

"Oh, hey i'm y/n," I told him putting out my hand.

"Hm, I guess my presence doesn't work on you?"

"Huh, your presence?"

"My looks, hello! Don't you see the girls starring daggers at you because you're my partner,"

"That? I thought they were jealous about something else. Well anyway, when should we meet up!"

"You're a strange one? I have practice tonight but tomorrow we can meet up for lunch, now hand me your phone," I handed him my phone and he put in his number.

I went back home quickly and finished up my homework. I didn't know how long I was going to be out tomorrow so I didn't want to have to worry about doing work when I would come back home.