.v

About a week after we had closed the gate, Mike and the party had come over since we hadn't seen all of them in what felt like forever. El and I still weren't allowed out anywhere, but it was nice being able to have people over for once.

We were all sitting in the living room while Hopper was at work, still not done catching up over the past year.

"So, wait, you let a demogorgon into your house?" I nearly yelled at Dustin. 

"Okay, for the last time, I didn't know it was a demogorgon!" He defended, making everyone laugh.

"But you knew it was from the Upside Down, right?"

"Yes, but-"

"You should've taken it to Hopper!"

"That's what I said!" Mike exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air.

"He would've killed him!"

I rolled my eyes. "You're lucky no one else got hurt. Otherwise I would've smacked you." He laughed, making me smile. "And we're lucky El showed up when she did. I wouldn't have been able to fight those things on my own."

"Where were you?" Mike asked her. "Ev said you weren't at the lab and you weren't here."

She looked down. "I went to see Mama." 

"You found your parents?" Mike asked, and so could tell he was worried she was going to leave to stay with her.

She shook her head. "Just Mama."

"What was she like?" I asked.

"She was... stuck." She tried to explain.

"Stuck?" Lucas echoed.

"She was stuck. In her dream circle."

We all shared confused looks. El was replaying it in her mind, trying to find the words to describe it. I nodded, although no one else understood.

"What about your parents?" Max asked me, noticing El's discomfort and changing the subject.

I froze, realizing I hadn't told anyone yet. "Um..."

"They're alive, right?" Mike asked slowly, trying not to upset me.

"Kind of?"

"Kind of?" Dustin repeated.

"Well, my mom died. The lab killed her." I said, glancing down at the tattoo on my wrist. 

"Oh." Lucas looked down. "I'm sorry."

"That's okay." I said through a sad smile. "It's not your fault."

"What about your dad?" Will asked.

I smiled. "Okay you're gonna laugh at this." They all looked at me in confusion. "My dad is kind of... maybe Hopper."

The room burst into chaos, everyone speaking over each other. 

"What?" 

"There's no way!"

"That makes no sense."

"What?"

I laughed at their appalled expressions, holding my stomach as tears came to my eyes. "Your faces!" I wheezed.

"You're serious?" Will asked.

I nodded, my laughter calming down enough to speak. "Yeah."

"You never told me that!" Mike exclaimed to both me and El.

"I'm sorry, things have been a little chaotic." 

"That seems like a little bit of a big thing to just forget about!" Lucas said.

"How'd you find out?" Will asked.

"In a dream." I tried to explain. "I saw a memory. An old one."

"Why didn't he tell you?" 

"I don't know." I frowned. "I yelled at him about it. Before we went to the school. And after we got back we got in a huge fight for leaving. It was a mess. I'm not mad anymore though."

"Holy shit." Lucas said in shock.

"This is insane!" Dustin exclaimed, waving his arms around.

"I know! I thought I read the memory wrong but it's true. He's my dad." It felt weird, like really weird to say out loud, but I definitely didn't hate it. It made me feel more normal.

Word Count- 589. I'm back! I'm sorry I haven't updated, there's been a lot going on, and I'm sorry this chapter is really short (and DEFINITELY not my best work) but I'm having a bit of writer's block and I felt like I needed to update, so here's this.