xxxv

"Why did we leave them there?" I asked in a panic, realizing El wasn't there.

"We're leading this thing away from her." Nancy told me. 

I sighed in relief and rested my head on Lucas's shoulder as a voice came through Dustin's Supercomm.

Dusty-bun, you copy?

I copy, Suzie-poo. It sounds much better now, thanks.

"Suzie." Steve and Robin said in unison.

Okay, so, listen, do you know Planck's constant?

Do you know the earth orbits the sun?

Okay, so I know it starts with two sixes, and then a... w-what is it?

Okay, so let me just be clear on this. I haven't heard from you in a week, and now you want a mathematical equation that you should know, so you can... save the world?

Suzie-poo, I promise, I will make it up to you as soon as possible.

You can make it up to me now.

What?

I want to hear it.

Not right now.

Yes, now, Dusty-bun. 

Suzie-poo, this is urgent.

Yes, yes. You're saving the world, I heard you the first time, but Ged is also saving Earthsea and he's about to confront the shadow, so this is Suzie, signing off. 

Wait, wait, wait! Okay. Okay.

I shared a confused look with Will as Dustin began singing.

Yes, singing.

Turn around. Look at what you see. In her face. The mirror of your dreams. 

Suzie joined in, and I made a silent promise that I'd fight Suzie if I ever met her. Now was not the time.

Make believe I'm everywhere, written in the light. Written on the pages is, the answer to a never ending story.

Will and I gave each other another look, not believing this was happening.

"I can totally see my dad rolling his eyes right now." I whispered to him. 

Dream a dream. And what you see will be. Rhymes that keep their secrets will unfold behind the clouds, and there upon a rainbow is, the answer to a never ending story.

Planck's constant is 6.62607004.

You just saved the world.

Gosh, I miss you, Dusty-bun.

And I miss you more, Suzie-poo.

I miss you more, multiplied by all the stars in our galaxy.

I groaned, thankful when the line went dead.

We suddenly heard a shriek from behind us. I turned around to see the Mind Flayer turning around and running away.

"Guys!" I yelled.

"It's turning around!" Steve panicked.

"What?" Nancy exclaimed.

"It's turning around!" He repeated.

"Maybe we wore it out." Lucas suggested.

"I don't think so." Jonathan said. "Hold on."