xv

As soon as I made the realization that my sister was safe, I also noticed it was way too dark in my room. The emergency light wasn't on either. The power was out.

A chill went down my spine as I noticed the complete lack of brain activity. It was way too quiet. Something was wrong.

I forced the door open, alarms blaring all around me. The usual guards that stood outside my door were missing, the only sign of human life being a small trail of blood leading to my right.

But I didn't have time to figure out why. I had to run. I bolted out, almost slipping in something sticky on the floor and tripping over something. I slowly looked down, seeing a guard with his throat ripped out. His blood was smeared on the bottoms of my feet and the floor around him.

I looked up to see at least a dozen bodies scattered across the floor, various organs surrounding them. I held back a gag, wondering what could've done that.

I heard several gunshots throughout the building, and then silence. I felt sick to my stomach as a roar rang out, sounding exactly like a Demogorgon. Memories of the Upside Down rushed into my mind, filling me with dread. Not again.

The power suddenly flickered to life, and I looked up to the ceiling to see a security camera beeping at me. I raised my arm up to it and ripped it down, sending it clattering to the floor. I took off down the hallway as fast as possible, not stopping for anything. After a few turns, I spotted a stairwell up ahead. I sprinted towards it, so close to freedom.

I was just a few doors away form it when something slammed into me, knocking me to the ground. I groaned and held my side, but knowing I had to get out of there. I got up a moment too late. 

A creature that looked like a Demogorgon but was on all fours was charging at me. I screamed as it lunged at me, plunging a claw into my right shoulder. It roared in my face, showing the all too familiar rows of razor sharp teeth. It twisted it's arm, causing me to cry out in pain again. 

And then it stopped, seeming to recognize me. It raised it's head and let out a screech different to the others, and started to drag me down the hall instead of killing me.

I yelled out and raised my arms at it, making it fly into the ceiling. I ripped my arms in opposite directions and split it in half, each piece sliding across the ceiling and down the hall.

I sat up, panting, and turned to see what it was attacking before running into me. Blood dripped from the ceiling, covering me in my now torn hospital gown as I made eye contact with Hopper, who looked shocked, confused, and scared. Joyce was there with Mike and Will, who was being carried by Hopper. They all stared at me in surprise, but there was no time for a reunion.

"We've gotta go." I told them, getting to my feet. I ran to the stairwell, throwing the door open. "Come on!" I yelled as they followed close behind me.

I took the lead, knowing I'd have to protect them from more attacks.

As soon as we got to the main floor, someone barreled into me, pinning me to the wall with a gun pointed at my head. It was the scientist who brought me here.

"You little bitch!" He yelled in my face. I tried to keep the terror from my face but I knew it wasn't going to work. "What are you going to do, huh? You going to run away with them?" He pointed the gun at the group, who raised their hands in surrender. 

"Hey!" Hopper yelled at him, looking pissed. He had a gun ready, but he couldn't shoot. If he missed he'd end up shooting me instead. And hand to hand combat was out of the question. He had Will.

"We can't have you getting away again, now can we? I guess I'll have to shoot them, too. The same thing I'm going to do for Ele-"

I screamed at him, forcing him back into the opposite wall as the others looked on in horror. I raised my arms again and pulled them to my sides. His arms were ripped off his body, making him let out a blood curdling scream as he fell to his knees. But I wasn't finished. I walked up to him, looking down as blood spurted from his sides.

"I told you. If you try to hurt her, or any of them for that matter," I yelled at him, pointing to the cluster of people watching me. "I would rip you to pieces."

I lowered my head and snapped his neck with my mind. His head bent at an awful angle, and I was satisfied.

I stumbled back, the reality of what I had done finally settling in. I backed up until I hit Hopper, who was at the front of the group as I fought to stay conscious. A roar from somewhere close caught my attention, and I knew I had to keep pressing forward. 

I took off again, the group wordlessly following me. I saw the door and pulled it open, holding it for everyone to go through. Everyone filed out but Joyce, who stayed back as if she were looking for someone.

"Joyce, we need to go! Now!" I cried, not wanting to be in that place one second longer.

"Come on, Bob. Come on." She said to herself, ignoring me completely. I let go of the door and grabbed her arm.

"Joyce, let's go!" I begged her.

The door suddenly burst open, revealing a very frightened looking man who I recognized from her house when we were trying to find Hopper. He slammed the door behind him in an attempt to trap the Demogorgon that had been chasing him. It pounded on the door, just waiting for another kill.

"Bob! Bob." Joyce cried out, pulling away from me and towards him.

He stood with his hands on his knees, panting. They smiled at each other, knowing safety was so close.

Another Demogorgon seemingly appeared out of nowhere, tackling him to the ground. I took several steps back in horror as Joyce screamed.

He fought the monster as it attacked him, yelling out in pain. 

"No! No!" Joyce wailed.

Hopper ran in, firing a gun at it, but three more broke the doors down. He lowered the gun. There was no way he could kill them all in time.

I snapped out of it, stepping forward and throwing my hands up as Hopper pulled a very reluctant Joyce from the building. I fought them as quickly as I could, but I was fading fast.

One of them ran at me, grabbing my left leg in it's mouth and starting to drag me with it as I screamed in pain. It was trying to take me back to the gate. I make it stronger. I realized. They're coming for me. I looked back at it and ripped it apart, killing it instantly. I stood up and winced at the pain in my leg and shoulder. 

I walked toward another but I didn't have the energy to kill the one attacking Bob. I strained, my nose and ears gushing blood. I started to feel extremely dizzy, but I had to help.

 An arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me to the door and I knew immediately who it was. I continued to try and kill the Demogorgon, but nothing happened.

"I can save him!" I yelled, trying to pull free. "No! Let me help him! Let me help him!" The more I fought, the weaker I became. 

"He's gone! There's nothing you can do!" Hopper yelled as he dragged me away. I tried so hard to save him, and I failed. He was dead because of me.

My body went limp as I tried to protest. "I can still... I can try. You have to let me try. Please..." I struggled to keep my eyes open, but to no avail. I drifted in and out of consciousness as I was lifted into a car.

I groaned in pain as more people piled in. I couldn't stay awake long enough to figure out who it was. The car moved forward, and I let the darkness take over.

Word Count- 1,431.

Honest feedback?