Chapter 15

"Chrix!" Emma whispers into my ear.

"What?" I say sleepily.

"Don't talk, just whisper!" She mutters.

"What do you want?" I mumble.

"I need to sleep!" Emma whispers. "I'm really tired. You've been laying there for at least three hours, and I've been just standing here!"

"Fine." I say, and get up.

Emma sits on the floor and lays down, then grabs the box I broke earlier and uses it as a pillow.

I take some time to look around me. Everything is right where I left it before I fell asleep, nothing has changed.

Thump.

A loud noise comes from the back of the closet.

"Is someone there?" I ask in a whisper. I don't get any kind of answer, of course.

I walk towards the back, trying to be completely quiet, and I see her, trying not to breathe, trying not to move, trying to be invisible.

It's not working.

I still can see her, her slim figure; her pretty little eyes closed hardly, every single part of her.

I thought I would never see her again. God, I didn't even think about her when I was planning this whole thing. I'm sure no one did-why would they?

Well, no one thought about me either.

Her fists are clenched at her sides, and her teeth are pressed hard, just like her eyelids. I want to laugh at the position she is, she looks ridiculous.

But I don't laugh, because this is not the time or the place to laugh.

"I can see you." I say.

She doesn't move a muscle. What is she doing? Why doesn't she answer?

"Okay, you got me." A girl says to my right.

I want to scream so badly, but I put my hand in front of my mouth to keep the sound in. My heart is racing really fast, she scared me.

"Who are you?" I ask her.

She steps closer to me and now I can see her clearly. Her long, blond locks, her brownish-blue eyes, and her round face.

Victory.

"What are you doing here?" I whisper.

"Same as you." She says. "I snuck in here so I could go to the Earth."

"I didn't sneak in here so I could go to the Earth, I snuck in here because I wanted to know what this was about." I correct her.

"Whatever. I just know my friends were up to something and they wouldn't tell me what, so I had to do something." She says.

"If they were your friends, they would have taken you with them." I say.

"They are my friends. But I'm sure Lucy said they couldn't take me." Victory tells me.

"You don't know that for sure."

"Yes I do. They're my friends."

This conversation is getting really awkward. Clearly Victory doesn't realize that your true friends don't leave you to die in a spaceship.

"Okay, so they're your friends." I tell her to shut her up. "Did you know someone else that shouldn't be here was going to be here?"

"Yeah. Her. I don't know her name." Victory says, pointing at the other girl. "She told me everything, and she said that, if I helped her, she'd help me get together with my friends."