Chapter 19

It's been a day and a few hours since Nico saw my clover. 

And now I'm locked in a dark room, completely alone. 

Wait, no, I think there are a few bugs on the floors and the walls. Oh well. Back to the Nico thing.

He kind of went crazy when he saw my clover. He grabbed my hand and yelled at Olympia about the world being crazy and everything in the universe being messed up. He cussed in Spanish. Then Marta came and they had a huge argument about me. I think. It was all in Spanish, so I can't be sure.

Marta took my hands and put them behind my back, then Nico injected something on my arm and well, that's all I remember.

The room's walls are black, the floor is grey. Everything around me seems to be designed to make me feel depressed. 

If it is, then it's working.

"Hey!" I hear a girl say. I look at the door of my small prison and I see her through the bars of the little window. She can't be older than me, she's probably twelve, maybe thirteen. "I'm Trinity. Who are you?"

"Hi, I guess," I say. "My name's Chrix."

"What are you doing here, Chrix? Why did they lock you?" She looks behind her, then leans in. "Did they think you were crazy? They thought was. I think they're the crazy ones. They told me some weird, weird stories about the Earth."

She's one of the amnesiac people Olympia talked about, I realize. 

"And why do they let you walk around, if they think you're crazy?" I ask her.

"Oh, they don't," she smiles, "but I heard you were new here and I didn't want you to be alone. The guards let me out so I could come see you."

"Thank you," I tell her, and I really mean it. It's nice of her to worry about someone she doesn't know. I know that I wouldn't be as nice as her.

"You don't have to thank me." She looks at the ground. "I know how miserable I was when I first got here. I didn't want anyone else to go through that."

I smile at her. "Do you think they would let you come in, Trinity?"

She stops smiling. "No, I think they wouldn't. If you're crazy, you might try to kill me."

Oh. 

She tilts her head to the side. "Look, Chrix, you look sane, but I've been here for almost six months. I think. I have lost count of the days that pass by."

She looks at me in the eye. "I have learned that crazy people don't always look crazy. The guards have learned that too. I have scars all over my body. Shane, an apparently normal guy that had lost his family in a very recent earthquake, tried to kill me with his bare hands when he got to the Headquarters."

"Why would he?" My brain looks for an explanation. I'm pretty sure Trinity had nothing to deal with the earthquake.  

"No one knows. I think it was because he needed to take someone to the place his family was. To make someone else feel as miserable as he felt. It wouldn't have worked even if he had killed me. I have no one who cares about me. The people here say I lost everyone in the thing they like to call the Explosion. I don't understand what that is. They say the Earth was supposed to explode but didn't, or something along those lines."

My heart starts racing at the opportunity to discover the truth about what happened when Opportunity left the Earth. Or at least, to hear the version the people in the Headquarters told Trinity.

But unfortunately, a guard appears and takes her away.

"Bye Chrix!" she shouts, the last word muffled by the door that closes between us in the middle of her sentence. 

"Bye," I say.

A/N: Hey guys! Today I'm just going to give a shoutout to @KaistinMaines- and her super awesome Taylor Swift fanfic! Untouchable is really original and great! You should definitely check it out. I'm not the biggest Taylor fan and I don't love fanfiction that much, but this one is sooooo amazing... Click on the external link to read it or look it up!

I drawed a chibi for Chrix and well, you can see it on the side.

Vote and comment everyone!