Chapter 25

Madison shoves Daniel. "Don't listen to him Chrix, he doesn't know what he's saying, he got hit in the head when we were coming down in the ship and he hasn't been the same since."

  "No I didn't."

  "Okay, Daniel, I think it'll be better for everyone if you go outside and breathe some fresh air," Lucy says, pushing him towards the door. Then she turns to me. "Chrix, I understand that you're mad, but note that you are completely surrounded by what these people call Stolen Betrayers. If you don't agree with Brooke, you will be killed."

  What? She is so calm as she says this, it's pretty scary. "Killed? Few seconds ago you were talking about how I grew up with you and how I owe my life to you and now you're going to let Inés kill me? You are all crazy!"

  "Trust me, Chrix, we don't want to kill you, we really don't, but if you disobey Brooke, you'll leave her no choice." Lucy seems almost sad. I don't buy her expression for a second.

  "I'm not a child," I spit out. "Why should I let Brooke tell me what to do? I'm free, I can go anywhere."

  Madison smirks annoyingly. "You think? When we knew you were here unconscious, I joked about just letting you die, and she jumped up and said we couldn't let you go until you agreed to work with her, and that if you didn't help her, you wouldn't help anyone."

  What would she want with me? An injured knife-thrower wouldn't help her with her crazy plans of whatever she's planning to do. "Why?"

  "Beats me."

  I look at Emma. She's been surprisingly quiet since they entered here. I stare at her and find that she looks guilty about something. "Emma, do you know something about this?" I surprise myself getting up with no effort and walking toward her. 

  She looks everywhere but at me, she is avoiding my eyes, and I find myself getting closer. "No," she denies, but I don't think she is telling the truth."

  "I don't believe you." I look at Madison and Lucy. "I don't believe any of you! I don't trust you anymore, and I couldn't care less about what happens to you."

  None of them speaks.

  "If you want proof, here it is." I turn to Emma once again and punch her in the face, trying to imitate Nico. I hurt my knuckles in my attempt, but it is worth it, because the three of them look at me, stunned.

  Emma covers her face with her hand, but before I see that the look of surprise hasn't left her face. "I don't know what they did to you, but I hate them for it." She opens the door with her free hand and runs out, slamming it shut right after.

  I stare at Madison for a few seconds. She takes a step away from me. "Brave as always," I mock, but before I can say anything else, she takes a small gun from her back pocket, pointing it at me.

  Now I remember Emma's words about Madison, saying she is a Gun Shooter. 

  I've never felt this way before. I've been close to death before, but never this close. It's a strange feeling, it activates every cell in my body and it's not likable at all, but even if it sounds mental, I somehow enjoy being this awake.

  "Walk, Chrix." Lucy says. I try to turn around but something cold and hard presses against the back of my head. "Don't. I don't care what Brooke says, we can always say you attacked first."

  Madison's face is serious right in front of me. I never thought I would say this, but she looks very dangerous and I know she won't hesitate to kill me if I make a wrong move. It's scary how this trip in Opportunity has changed little nine-year-old girls into teen blood-thirsty machines. Being awake doesn't feel good anymore.

  The gun behind my head moves slightly back, then forward, hitting me, and Lucy is commanding me to move toward the door. I obey and Madison moves aside, giving me space to walk, but she never stops pointing her gun at me. 

<><><><><>

  Once again, I'm trapped. Trapped by four walls and Brooke's threat to kill me if I try anything at all. Funny thing is, I'm not afraid of being locked, and I'm not afraid of Brooke. 

  I'm afraid of Trinity showing up again.

  Obviously I'm not afraid of Trinity, she's a little girl, I don't think she can hurt me, but I'm afraid of what she means. She's the proof that I am going insane real fast. She's what makes me be scared of myself.

  And, of course, as I think this, she appears in a corner. "Hi."

  I stare at her and don't speak.

  "Okay, Chrix, I know you're afraid of me. But can I please speak to you? I want to make some things clear," she says.

  "Fine. Can you please make it quick and disappear again?" I say, and she rolls her eyes.

  "I can't just disappear, you know that I'm not a person like you. You have to listen to me, otherwise you will still see me," Trinity explains, and I nod even if I don't want to agree. "Chrix, there are memories from your past that can explain a lot of things, but they are buried in your brain."

  "How can I believe anything you say? You are a product of my imagination. How can I know that what you say is real, and not just another thing I imaginated?" I ask, and my voice is trembling.

  She looks at the ground. "You can't. You just have to believe me. Sorry."

  I nod, and she starts telling me my own memories, the ones I cannot remember.

  A/N: I know I'm evil for ending the chapter like that, this is kind of a filler but now we know Chrix is not in any way tied to Emma, Madison or Daniel. Or that's what she believes...

  I'm going on vacation so I will be out of my country until Tuesday, which means no internet connection, which means no updates. But if you know my other story, let me tell you that I've already written a new chapter for FBeat and I'll publish it when I get home from my trip.

  Thanks for reading! Vote and comment if you liked!