Chapter 27

A/N: So sorry for the long wait! I promise I'll finish this story, I want to do it more than anything in the world, I just had some writer's block mixed up with family problems. I'm sorry. Without further ado, Chapter 27!

The room is cold and empty without Trinity, and I'm too tired to move and try to heat up.

There's a weird smell around me, and I'm beginning to think it's me, because, well, I haven't bathed since I got out of the ship.

I'm probably a walking sickness right now.

I haven't seen a mirror in weeks, and the only water I have gotten is the water I'm being fed with. It's good to know that even if they hate me, they worry about me being alive.

That was sarcasm.

I'm so out of shape I can't even talk to myself properly. 

But about the water I'm being fed with, I think I have a plan for the next time the assholes that are keeping me come here.

It has like a five per cent chance of actually working, but even if the chance is small, it's still there.

I sit back against the grey wall, thinking about what it is that I have done wrong to deserve this hell of a life.

I think I'm driving myself crazy. Sometimes, during the night, it feels like it, when I'm alone and the weirdest of thoughts invade my brain. I wonder what would have happened if I just had stayed in the ship and accepted my death, instead of fighting for a life in this messed up world.

I don't think it's even worth it.

Somehow I know that I won't have to deal with this world for much longer. There are a lot of ways for this to end. I can completely lose it, I can die, Brooke and her minions can die, I can escape...

Actually, I can't escape. And if I could, that would probably end in me completely losing it or dying.

Apparently, I'm doomed.

I close my eyes and bang my head once against the wall, then let out a small sob. When I open my eyes again, Trinity is against the other wall.

"Oh, no, you again." I jump up and Trinity moves up and down slightly, but enough for me to notice. "How did you do that?"

"What?"

"Jump up and down without even moving a finger," I say.

"That never happened. You must be seeing things. Oh, wait, you are," she says, pointing to herself.

I shrug. "Why are you here again? I thought you had told me everything already. Can't you just go? I'm trying to think." I take my hands to my forehead and she suddenly disappears.

I put them down and she's there, once more. It's very odd. "How did that happen?"

"What happened?" she says nervously. "Um, I've got to go. Sorry." And just like that, she disappears.

When I touch my forehead, I notice a hard spot in the place my skin meets my hairline. I explore it, finding out that it's a sphere, and it rolls.

It's small, and I hadn't noticed it was there until now, but it's big enough for other people to see it.

I wonder why no one has pointed it out.

From when has this been on my forehead?

Remembering everything from my journey, I don't recall anyone touching my forehead or putting anything on it, except for...

No.

It doesn't make sense. Does it?

Has this been there since my... Since my classification at Stolen HQ? Did Nico and Olympia install it? If so, why did Trinity disappear when I covered it?