Chapter 4

"Wait, what?" Daniel said. "You're kidding."

"No, I'm not" Madison said, her arms folded and a smirk on her face. "Auntie Lucy will be here any minute now. You're going down."

Someone knocked at our door and Daniel jumped. Madison laughed and opened the door.

"What's wrong now, Maddie?" a woman said. "Oh, hello Daniel, what are you doing in here?"

Daniel blushed, and scratched the back of his neck. Meanwhile, Madison couldn't control her laugh.

"I was just waking up the girls, you know, as you told me to do..." Daniel said. "We're good, we don't need your help, but thank..."

"He was being mean to me! Auntie Lucy, punish him!" Madison said. Daniel's face turned white. "He hurt me; he made me fall off the bed! He's mean!"

Lucy seemed to be enjoying the scene. She smiled and tried to control a small laugh. Finally, she burst out into laughter.

"Maddie, you're being ridiculous. Why would Daniel want to hurt you?" she said. "His job is to get you out of bed at 8:00. So he did."

Madison's face turned red and she muttered something to herself, then faced her aunt.

"I don't care. I demand a change. I don't want to be in this room, I want to leave. Change my room right now!" she said.

"No changes. I think Christine will do you good." Lucy said. "Keep an eye on her, make sure she does what she's supposed to, okay?" she told me. "Just for today, don't worry."

I nodded. If our Leader told me to watch out for Madison, I had to do it. So I did. It wasn't that hard, all she did was complain about everything. She didn't get in trouble because everyone knew she was Lucy's niece.

...

My first weeks in Opportunity turned out pretty nice. Everything was new, well took care of, clean... It was completely perfect.

My new life was completely perfect, or so it seemed.

A/N: I know, I know, this is a really short chapter. But the next one will be waaaaay longer. Bear with me, please.

By the way, I made a character banner for Chrix, tell me your thoughts on it! Thank you!

Serenity.

P.S: I'm writing chapter nine right now and I'm adding romance. What do you think about that?

Note: I changed Nina Dobrev for Bonnie Wright in the cast. I just think she'd made a better Chrix.