45

The court date came rather late but it did

The court date came rather late but it did. Oliver stood at the entrance of the ministry nervously adjusting his shirt every few minutes. He skipped school without telling his friends because he didn't want to answer any questions but a part of him felt stupid about it. It would've been nice to hold Delilah's hand, have Percy or Alexander giving him advice, Connor and Jesse comforting him and Clarissa giving him that little push.

Delilah sat in the great hall with Jesse, Connor and Clarissa when Alexander and Percy came running in, "have any of you seen Oliver?" They asked and everyone shook their heads.
"He isn't in his dorm-"
"Quidditch pitch?" Clarissa asked and they shook their head.
"He must've gone home again.." Delilah said, "and didn't want to tell us"

Oliver stood in the middle of the room with the judge before him and the juries around. They asked him questions that he answered, they asked him questions that angered him, they asked him questions that saddened him.
He saw his 'mother' there who smiled at him but he sent her a glare.

"She gave him to us, she left him in our care!"
"And now I take it back! You didn't legalize it, legally he's my son"
"I don't want to stay with her, I like the Woods, they are my family"

This case was complicated, this hadn't happen too many times before. Under the law, Oliver wasn't Oliver Wood. But his real mother was unfit to care for him when he needed her and who was to say that she would be able to now.

Delilah wasn't sure what to do when she saw Oliver walk into the Pitch.Her first instinct was to punch him and her second was to hug him.
"Where the hell were you?" She asked standing up from the stands.
"The ministry" Oliver's expressions were unreadable and his voice was flat.
"What were you doing there?"
"A trial" He sighed and Delilah completely froze. Why was he at a trial? Did he get in trouble with the ministry?
"I'm confused, Oliver," She looked at him with worry, "what happened?"
"Something to do with my parents and my mother"
"Oh, that's what it was- What did she do?" Oliver looked at Delilah and sighed before turning around and disappearing from the pitch.

Oliver returned with his bat and bludger throwing it up in air. He swung his bat to hit it and it went back in the air. It returned and he hit it again. Delilah stood there very confused and completely confused. She stomped up to him as he swung his bat again and hit the bludger.
"Oliver! How long is this going to go on? Is this really about James?" The bludger returned and he hit it again.
"You can't keep giving me a silent treatment!"
"This isn't about you!"
"Then make it about you!" She told him moving closer. Oliver looked down at her, "how!? It's not about me either! I don't get a choice"
There was a sudden jerk as the bludger came and hit Delilah throwing her on the ground, taking Oliver down with her.

"Delilah!" He didn't get directly hit by the bludger and he wasn't that hurt. Delilah lay on the grass holding her shoulder, "Let me help you"
"Let it be Oliver" She stood up holding her probably broken shoulder. He didn't listen to her, he instead pointed his wand at her shoulder, "Episkey" Delilah felt a shooting pain in her shoulder before it all went away. It was still bruised and hurting a little but it was mostly fixed. 

"Thanks" She muttered. 
"We're still going to the hospital wing," Oliver told her, "Just in case"
Delilah took one step forwards before collapsing to the floor, "My knee! I don't know what happened!" She winced in pain when Oliver touched it lightly. 
"Stay here..I'm going to put the bludger in it's place and then we'll go to the wing."
He grabbed the bat and the bludger which was still squirming in its place and returned it to it's place. 

"Help me up!" Delilah reached her arm up for Oliver to pull her up but he rolled his eyes, pushing her arm away. Reaching down to her, Oliver tucked his arms under her back and legs and picked her up. 
"I'm not some damsel in distress" Delilah huffed. 
"You are a damsel," Oliver told her, "And you are in distress"
"You know what I mean, I don't need your rescuing, I can walk on one leg, weren't you mad at me?" 
"I was, I still am" Oliver told her as he made his way to the castle, "if you really want, I can just drop you here and you can make your way back" 
"You would never" Delilah said in all confidence. 
"Is this a challenge?"He asked loosening his grip on her. 
Delilah latched onto him tighter as to not fall off,"No! Don't!"
Oliver would never do that, she was right, but he expected her to trust him on that, "Trust is the problem, I wanted you to trust me when I said I would tell you when the time was right but you didn't! You really think I would just leave you here?"
"I trust you! I was worried!" her eyes softened and she looked at him directly. 
"But it was nothing for you to worry about"
"It is if it's bothering you! You disappeared for a few days!"

They sat in the hospital wing as Madame pomfrey tended to her knee. She quickly fixed any bruises Oliver had as well and told them they could leave whenever they were ready to. 

Oliver and Delilah walked out of the great hall, "My parents never legally adopted me, she asked them to take me and they took me in, just like that. Now, eleven years later, she filed a case on us because under law I'm her son." Delilah was in shock, she didn't understand what happened. 
"but you're eighteen"
"I'm still in school, so until may end, I am under someone else's care"
"I-"
"I went to the trial and well, we lost, I can't meet my parents until I pass my N.E.W.T.s and am considered a legal adult. I made a criterion, that I can't be pulled from Hogwarts which was agreed upon or she would've taken me away! It's not that bad, it's a bitter victory. They can't contact me under any circumstances, not letters, no meetings because that woman messed everything up for us!"

Delilah wasn't sure how to console him, how to say that it was going to be okay. Oliver loved his parents, he had a very good relationship with them and just not talking to them for a week made him miserable, she'd seen it. It was terrible to see him so defeated but there was nothing they could do. 

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have told James" Delilah told him, "you were right, you know. He is a jerk"
"What did he do?"
"Well, he said some things he shouldn't have, I handled him" Delilah shrugged. 
"I bet you did" Oliver smiled. 

Oliver was coping with his parents and was really working on doing well in school, he couldn't afford to fail and not see his parents. Delilah on the other hand was just scarping the surface with her school work, she was passing but she wasn't passing with good grades. 

Everything seemed fine, it wasn't, but it was better than before. Oliver was still fidgety but he was working on it. Alexander and Connor were actually doing really well at keeping their differences aside, they didn't let their break up affect their friendship but sometimes the tension was unavoidable. Jesse and Clarissa were definitely together, no one said anything about it but it was pretty clear that they were at least snogging. Percy finally broke up with Penelope and it wasn't that ugly. She was a little sad but she didn't need to cry over a boy, she had herself together. 

April was here and things were starting to get a little crazy. Last match of the Quidditch cup and N.E.W.Ts were approaching.

"Wood!  you're late!" Oliver jogged up to McGonagall who was standing near the pitch. His broom firmly in his hand and his robes disheveled, "Where have you been?" she asked in worry. 
"Sorry professor, I got caught up somewhere" Oliver scratched the back of his neck sheepishly. 
Percy was talking to the teacher a few moments before he stood there frowning at Oliver,
"You're never late for Quidditch. What happened?" Anything wrong with Oliver only led them to believe that it was his 'mother' again. Oliver nodded at his friend solemnly. 

"What's on your face?" Percy titled his head, "are you bleeding?" Oliver's hand went to his jaw as he rubbed it to make sure he wasn't.
McGonagall smirked at the boy, "No, you're not bleeding. But I do believe you have lipstick on your face" Oliver's eyes widened as Percy stifled a laugh. He rubbed his jaw and brought his hand in front of him to see some red smudged on it. The boy's cheeks happened to match the shade of the lipstick perfectly, "I- It must've been-"
"Don't bother wood. Just make sure you don't get caught up in something before a match again, even if it's not in school. Off you go! We have a cup to win"