6.

Delilah received updates from her parents every few days about Matthew's condition

Delilah received updates from her parents every few days about Matthew's condition. He was healing fast but even magic couldn't do enough to instantly fix him. She was also constantly reminded to keep her temper in check because she had a tendency to lash out at people.

Jesse has also received a letter from Joan Rose, Delilah's mother, asking him to take care of Delilah since he was the only one who could control her.

"I can't believe it! They trust you more than they trust me!" Delilah said, shoving a spoonful of mashed potatoes in her mouth.
"Oh come off it! They just like me better!" Jesse joked and laughed beside him, Oliver wood stifled a giggle.

The group was sitting at the Gryffindor table and Oliver Wood happened to be right beside Jesse, talking to his friends when he overheard their conversation.
"Thinks it's funny, Wood?" Delilah asked him, her eyes narrowed.
"Quite amusing, Magnolia" He replied with a smirk.
Ever since Oliver Wood was asked not to call Delilah by her surname, Rose, he had started calling her by different flower names.
This amused the rest of Delilah's friends quite a lot and Oliver Wood felt rather proud of it.
After multiple tries of getting him to stop, Delilah had given up and figured that he could only come up with so many flower names.

"Stick to your own conversations and stop eavesdropping" Delilah fired back.
"I simply overheard, I wasn't trying to." He then moved his gaze to Clarissa, "Ready for quidditch try outs next week?" He asked.
"I'm not so sure anymore, I've seen other people practice and I'm not that good" She said shrugging.
"You should still try out, you never know, you might just be that good" one thing Oliver was grateful for was having Charlie Weasley around him as a captain for the past three years.

Charlie was not only one of the best seekers Hogwarts had ever seen but also the best captain. The redhead had taught Wood the value of pep talk. His incredible speeches and his powerful words had always made Oliver play better and more hardcore.

"Maybe.." Clarissa played with her food with her fork. Delilah wanted to tell her friend that she was a good player and that she agreed with Oliver but her ego was too big and the girl was too much of an idiot to say it.
Jesse quickly changed the topic when he noticed that Delilah was getting uncomfortable.

"Dont we have a hogsmead trip coming up?" He asked the group.
"Oh yeah! I can't wait! I need chocolate!" Connor said excitedly.
"And butterbeer"
"And dungbombs from zonkos because my parents have forbidden me from hexing people, so I need to do something" Delilah laughed along with her friends as they finished their dinner.

"What do you have against Oliver?" Jesse asked her once Connor and Clarissa had retired to their dorms.
The two were seated by the fire in the gryffindor common room.
"He's annoying" Delilah said.
"You find everyone annoying" He rolled his eyes at the girl.
"That's true" she chuckled. "He talks way too much about quidditch. I hear enough of that at home"
"It's been 3 years and I still don't understand your hate for quidditch" Jesse said but heard no reply from Delilah. "You used to come to every quidditch game in our first year, what happened after that?"
"Matt left Hogwarts. I was only supporting him"
The boy eyes his friend with suspicion but didn't question her further.
"Why aren't you trying out for the hufflepuff team?" She finally asked breaking the small silence between the two.
"I like quidditch but I'm not hardcore enough to commit to the team" he shrugged.
"If you join quidditch, I might re-appear in the stands"
"I'll think about it"