27

Oliver mounted his broom and took off, ready for the match

Oliver mounted his broom and took off, ready for the match. His mind was focused solely on the game. Winning this game would help his team a lot.
Madame hooch blew the whistle and the Quaffle was thrown into the air and the chasers leapt towards the Quaffle.

Delilah and Clarissa made their way to the stands, "Wait, shouldn't you be out there, playing?"
"Oh, I left the team last year. OWLs were killing me, did I not tell you?" Clarissa informed.
"You missed out that detail"

The match was going pretty well. Oliver has been blocking quite a lot of Quaffle coming his way.
His eyes went to Harry who had successfully spotted the snitch. He followed Harry with his gaze until the boy swooped under the stands. Oliver's eyes flickered to the stands and he froze. He couldn't believe his eyes. Blinking furiously and the boy tried to see if he was dreaming or just hallucinating but there she stood with a smile on her face looking right back at him. He felt his heart race faster than it was before and he couldn't process the bludger coming right at his broom.
He felt a big jerk as he fell off his broom and onto the floor. Luckily the bludger didn't hit him and he wasn't flying that high. He stood up on one leg, the other was too weak, his arm hurt and his neck did too. Madame hooch called for a time out so they could take Wood off the pitch as the players hovered above in their spots.

Running right at the pitch Delilah called out for Oliver, "Are you okay!?" She had a look of horror on her face. She was refrained from entering the actual pitch for safety reasons and stood at the edge.
Oliver's lips curled up into a weak smile and he lifted his hand to wave at her. She chuckled and waved back.
"Madame Pomfrey! Fix my arm! I'll handle the leg. I have a game to win!" He said enthusiastically.
The woman shook her head but quickly fixed his broken leg and arm, "I suggest you don't play, Wood"
"Too late, I'm already on my broom" He quickly made his way to the broom and mounted it.
"Harry! That snitch! Fred George! Be careful this time! Angelina defense! Alicia and Katie! You know what to do!"
The game started again and the keeper got to work.

Oliver was beyond exhausted but when Harry caught the snitch, he was jumping wit joy.
"Can I take that snitch please.." he had already told Harry how important that snitch was and he would want it back and the boy didn't mind.
Harry handed the snitch to Oliver who was completely thrown off when Delilah ran towards him.
"I- I'm sorry! I'm so so sorry! You know I never meant those things! Except the part that You're annoying, because you are. But you're okay! Thank Godric! I would've killed you if you died today and-"
Delilah was blabbering and speaking rather rapidly.
Oliver put one hand on each of her shoulder and literally shook her, "Calm down Lil! You're hyperventilating!" He laughed and she stopped. The girl looked at Oliver and Oliver looked at the girl.
"You're okay.." He said, the smile from his face not even twitching.
"I'm okay.." She breathed, "and I'm sorry"
"I'm sorry too. I missed you"
"And I, you!" She launched are him into a hug and Oliver barely caught himself as he stumbled back a few steps.
Pulling back, Oliver handed her the snitch, "We won it for you, it's yours" He smiled but Delilah's faltered.
"No, keep it. I'm not ready for it, not yet.." He solemnly nodded and put it back in his pocket.