35

By May, everyone in the group was ready to take their apparition test

By May, everyone in the group was ready to take their apparition test. Everyone except Delilah. She wasn't allowed until after she turned seventeen which was after summer break. She was not too happy about it because she couldn't even do magic outside Hogwarts until July.
So, one weekend, instead of hanging out with her friends, she sat alone in the library and waited for them to join her after they finished their test.
"Are you reading?" Oliver startled her as she lost all concentration on her homework.
"Yes, why are you even here?" Delilah asked him.
"I passed my test a while ago, I took it much earlier" He shrugged.
"And you didn't tell us? What!?"
"What's there to tell? I'm 17, it's obvious" he took a seat next to her.
"It's a big deal" she turned to him.
"It really isn't. Plus you can't really apparate on school grounds anyways" Oliver's gaze moved to Delilah's notes, "is that potions?"
"Yeah.." She groaned out loud, "I hate potions! It's just so specific!"
"It's not that hard, you just find Snape intimidating" Oliver slid the book and notes in front of him as he tried his best to read through the scrawly handwriting, "You have terrible penmanship" he complained.
"It's fine!" Oliver gave her a questioning look, "Really then? is yours any better?" She asked rolling her eyes.
"Ofcourse!" He took a quill and placed in on top of the parchment and wrote her name. It was a neat and thing cursive, a little slanted and overall beautiful.
"Oh, wow, you do have really good handwriting" Delilah admitted as she peered over the paper. Oliver was smiling triumphantly until Delilah said, "Maybe you should write all my notes!" She chuckled and he shook his head, "no thanks!"

The two spent a rather long time trying to help Delilah understand potions but everything went in one ear and out the other. Sometimes she would zone out while Oliver was talking, just admiring his expression, sometimes she would think about dinner which made her especially hungry. Being hungry only meant one thing, Delilah was frustrated. Which meant she wouldn't pay any attention to potions.

Oliver wasn't a bad teacher, he was rather calm most of the time, sometimes he would completely lose it but it didn't affect Delilah a lot. She just joked around and he kept apologizing.

By the time the rest of the group was done, Delilah had forgotten everything Oliver had explained to her and their 'study date' had gone to waste. Well, not a complete waste because they spent more time together but it wasn't the most fun.

Exams. Delilah was freaking out about her exams. She wasn't a bad student but she wasn't the best either. Time management and pressure were two things she didn't handle well. All her frustration usually came out as rants to Jesse because he was always there to listen unlike her other friends who always commented on something.
"I just don't know if I'll pass! What if I fail? Will they hold me back? I can't believe sixth year is ending! That's a big deal! We are going to be giving NEWTS next year. I wonder if the tests this year are going to be easy to give us a break or harder to prepare us for them"

Percy's sister was taken into the the chamber of secrets and he almost had a heart attack. The boy instantly wrote to his parents about the situation as his idiot of a brother went into the chamber with Harry and that bloody teacher, Lockhart.
Out of all the people, Percy didn't expect Ginny to be the one getting in trouble this year, the twins? Definitely. Ron? Likely. Ginny? Questionable.
He was terrified and hyperventilating in his dorm thinking about what to do.
Delilah had never seen Oliver and Alexander that worried either. They paced around the room and thought of ridiculous solutions to the problem.
Dumbledore had told Percy that he couldn't do much which had made the situation worse. Percy liked being in control and he liked knowing what was happening around him and those were the exact two things that were not happening right now.