37

Sirius Black

Sirius Black. Sirius black was all anyone could talk about. Well, everyone except Percy and Oliver which Delilah was thankful for.
"I'm Head Boy!! Look! Shiny badge! New owl!" The smile from Percy's face could not be wiped even if they tried.
"We're proud of you, mate" Jesse grinned and then turned to Delilah, "Okay how much longer is this going to go on?" He muttered.
Delilah playfully hit his arm, "look how happy he is, let him have his moment"
Percy danced around in their compartment for sometime before him and Jesse left for the prefects compartment.
Clarissa left behind them to talk to Jesse. They still hadn't quite figured their whole situation out.

"If we don't win this year, I'm going to jump off of the Astronomy tower" Oliver stated.
"Permission to push you off instead?" Alexander sniggered.
"Permission Given. Write it down, if we lose, Alex can push me off the tower" He said in a completely serious tone. Connor and Delilah shared a look before Connor spoke up, "Alex, Murder is never the solution to anything"
"You're right" Alexander said solemnly.
"Murder is the question" Delilah added.
"And the answer is always yes!" Alexander and Delilah high-fived each other.
"Did you both practice this!?" Oliver asked, baffled.
"Yeah, in our limited free time we practice random dialogues from books and plays because we are so free!" Alexander said sarcastically and Oliver shook his head.
"That's exactly what we did" Delilah whispered to Connor and the three shared a laugh.

NEWTs, what a way to start the first day of school.
Every single teacher reminding them how they're all going to face a painful death because of the education system.
"If you fail your NEWTs, you might as well repeat the whole year. It's extremely important examination" Professor McGonagall explained to them. Why did Delilah take transfiguration again?
Oh yeah, because she had no idea what she wanted to do in life and she took her safest bet by choosing classes to become an auror.

"Today we're learning the Patronus Charm. Luckily your batch will have a lot practice for this one with all the Dementors around" Professor Lupin chuckled.
Oliver, Delilah and Jesse were in the same Defense against the dark arts class.
"Can anyone tell me what a patronus charm does?" He asked.
"Protects you from dementors" Jesse said out loud and Lupin smiled.

After explaining more in theory about the charm, it was their turn to try it.
"Don't be disheartened if you don't get it today or tomorrow or even in a week. This is an extremely difficult spell and it will take a while. Now, think of your happiest memory and start."

Oliver tried once, thinking about his first broom. A silvery mist appeared at the tip of his wand for a second before it faded away.
"Very good Mr. Wood, you might want to think of a stronger memory though" Lupin told him and he nodded. Delilah thought of her family, her mum, her brother, her childhood but not even the smallest mist came out. Was she so detached to her family now?
Jesse on the other hand got it on the first try. It wasn't a full fledged Patronus but it was something. Everyone applauded for him because he was the first to get close to it and he turned red with all the attention. Delilah smiled and nudged him in the shoulder, "What did you think of?" she asked. He bit his lip and looked to the floor and Delilah's eyes widened, "No way!" She said with a big smile. Jesse nodded silently.
"Wait, am I missing something here?" Oliver asked.
"Jesse thought of Clare and they kissed again!" Delilah told him excitedly.
"How did you even know that from one look?"
"He's my best friend! I know what he's thinking" Delilah shrugged like it was a normal thing but it confused Oliver a lot.