19

Percy took Delilah to the hospital wing and got her hand bandaged up by Madame Pomfrey

"Ms. Rose! What made you punch Mr. Brown!? You broke his nose badly!", the healer told her as she tended to her hand.

"I was angry," Delilah muttered.

"You shout at a person in anger, not punch them. I know you can't control your anger very well but you can't keep punching students!" She scolded.

"Wait, you've done this before?" Percy asked the girl

"A couple times. Not to James but other students.Why do you think I'm freaking out!? I've already got warnings for it from McGonagall! And I'm sure James will rat me out and I'll get expelled!"

"You won't get expelled! Calm down, we will explain everything to her and she will understand okay?" He looked at her for approval and Delilah nodded.

When Minerva McGonagall heard what happened from James, she was absolutely furious but also a little bit proud. Delilah might be too violent for her own good sometimes but damn! Does she know how to throw a punch!

"May I ask you why you hit Mr. Brown?" The teacher asked in a stern voice.

"You may not", Delilah replied and she swore that she saw McGonagall twitch a small smile but then her face went back to stern.

"I demand you tell me, Ms. Rose" the professor told Delilah.

"I'd rather if he weren't here," Delilah replied pointing at James," I may end up punching him again."

"Very Well, Mr. Brown, you can leave" McGonagall looked at an annoyed James.

"But! I want to know!"

"Go back to your common room" James narrowed his eyes at the two Gryffindors before exiting through the doors of the classroom. Percy on the other hand sat on one of the benches in the classroom.

"Explain" McGonagall told Delilah.

"I was really frustrated ma'am! I don't know what came over me! I haven't had any contact with my family, Dumbledore's not telling me anything and he was the first thing that came in front of me. Also he said some awful things to me a few weeks ago so I guess it was payback as well." Delilah's voice was shaky and her eyes were watery.

"I understand-"

"You don't! I'm the one in the dark!"

"I know you're frustrated but you have to control yourself. You're lucky I'm not expelling you or even suspending you because I must tell you that you have a long Histroy when it comes to hexing and hitting people, Ms. Rose. This will not be tolerated in Hogwarts. You have to write an extra 20 inches in your transfiguration homework, that will be your punishment. Are we clear?" McGonagall asked with a small smirk.