10.

Delilah felt a wave of relief when she saw a letter placed on her pillow

Delilah felt a wave of relief when she saw a letter placed on her pillow. She walked into her dorm and quickly opened it.

Dear Delilah
Sorry we haven't written in a while. We have been busy. Matthew is home now so that is great. He isn't allowed to even touch a broom though.
How is school? How are you?
Has everything been normal around school?
Your father and I have to go to Paris at the end of this month for a conference so we've been pretty busy with that.
I can't write too much, my lunch break is almost over.
I love you
Mum

The girl frowned. Has everything been normal? This wasn't a question someone would generally ask. It's such a random and weird one.

Maybe Joan Rose did know something and maybe she was hiding something from her daughter.
Delilah also didn't find Matt's health update that satisfactory. Her parents were up to something and Delilah had to find out what.

She tucked the letter away under her table and walked into the gryffindor common room. Since Clarissa had made the quidditch team, she had been around with her teammates a lot, leaving Delilah feeling a bit lonely.
But Delilah didn't complain one bit. She was happy for her friend and she had Jesse to keep her company.
Jesse was feeling equally lonely in his common room with Connor always busy with Alexander. He waited for Delilah in front of the common room to go to the great hall.
"Hey Lil! let's go! I'm starving" Jesse said as they linked their arms together.
"Oliver Wood was asking me about you. What's that all about?" The Hufflepuff boy asked as the two friends walked towards the Great Hall.
"Don't worry about him and don't let him harass you with his questions" Delilah told her friend.

Oliver sat with his two friends on the Gryffindor table, piling his plate up with food. Everyone on the Quidditch team looked like they hadn't eaten for days. They were tired from school and practice and didn't mind the weird looks they were getting from their other house memebers.
Delilah walked over to sit next to Clarissa who was sitting with her team.
"How was practice?" she asked, smiling at the other members.
"I'm lucky that I'm alive!" She dramatically sighed before shooting a glare in Oliver's direction.
Delilah was introduced to the rest of the team. Angelina Jhonson, Alicia Spinett, Fred Weasley and George Weasley were from second year, Oliver and Clarissa from their own year and Liam Belton from 5th year.
Oliver stood up and moved the Weasley twins one seat to their left to sit in front of Delilah.
"Hello, Lotus" He smiled, "You going to support us for our first match?"
Delilah's looked at the boy suspiciously. This was some kind of trap. It had to be.
"I don't go to Quidditch games, Wood" She replied nonchalantly.
"Not even to support your best friend?" He asked. Delilah stopped eating and gave Oliver a glare.
"Ofcourse she is! right?" Clarissa asked with hopeful eyes. Delilah looked between the two.
"I might" She replied with a shrug.
"So this aversion of yours, is it towards the game of Quidditch or the pitch?" Oliver was taunting the girl. Trying to get answers out of her and completely failing.
"It's towards you!" Percy, who was sitting next to Oliver, snorted loudly. Oliver didn't say anything for a while before shoving his plate away from him in frustration.
"Why do you hate Quidditch so much!? Who could hate this sport! Just tell me! Please!" Clarissa, Alexander and Percy bust out laughing.
"Why can't you just accept it and move on?"
"I don't know. It's killing me"
Delilah groaned loudly, "It's because you're annoying! It's all your fault I hate quidditch" She sarcastically said.
"Wha- really!?" Delilah didn't answer Oliver's question. She instead got up and left before he could ask anymore.

As Delilah made her way out of the Great hall, her head focused on the floor, she bumped into someone.
Her eyes snapped up to see who it was.
"I'm sorry, I wasn't looking" James Brown bent to the floor to pick up his book.
"Neither was I, sorry" Delilah helped him with his scattered papers on the floor.
"Where are you off to? We have quite some time left before dinner ends" James said.
"Oh, I was done" Delilah said in a low voice.
"What about Jesse?" James asked.
"What about him?"
"Well he's always with you" He looked almost disappointed.
"I'm not dating him" Delilah blurted, "Jesse and I are just friends"
James' face lit up but he tried his best to hide his happiness, "Oh, I thought you were-"
"I'm not dating anyone, in fact"
"That's...good to know" He said and Delilah nodded.
"Well, I'll leave you to it" the girl pointed to the book in his hand and he awkwardly nodded.
She hoped he would stop her and so she took slow steps towards her common room.
Being a low tempered girl with zero patience, Delilah gave up on walking slow and went on walking to her common room with big and quick steps.

"Delilah!" The girl stood in front of the portrait. She whipped her head around to see a panting James standing behind her.
"James! What are you doing here?" Delilah asked him.
"I-you- me- Hogsmeade?" He managed to blurt.
"Like a date?" The girl's eyes hopeful.
"Yes..?"
"Pick me from here at 10?"
"Okay. I'll see you around then?"
"You most definitely will"
The girl happily frolicked into her dorm, her smile not faltering even once.
She took out her charms homework and sat down on her bed.
Picking up her quill, she began to write.
Name: Delilah Rose
Date:
Date, I wonder where we'll go. Three Broomsticks? Hogs Head? Madame Puddifoots? No, that's too cheesy.
What are you even supposed to do on a date? What will I talk about? What if I mess up?
The girl dropped her quill on her parchment with a sigh.
Delilah had never been on a date before, she was only fourteen and with her life, getting a boyfriend meant he had to be hidden from everyone else because the journalists wrote twisted stories about her family.

The Hogsmeade weekend came quicker than Delilah thought it would. Clarissa was excitedly going through her friends clothes to choose the right one.
"I'll freeze in this!" Delilah told her friends, holding up the think full sleeved top.
"Exactly the point. He'll give you his coat. It's romantic" Clarissa winked at the girl.
"No. Give me something warmer"
"Shut up and trust me. I know what dates go like"
"And how exactly do you know it?" Delilah crosses her arms over her chest.
"I've seen movies" Clarissa pointed out. Delilah never really understood the concept of a movie until Clare show it to her one Christmas. Delilah was fascinated with it but could never figure out how to put it up in her house since it didn't have any 'plug points' as the muggles called them.

"Are you sure about this?" Delilah asked her, turning on the spot to give her friend a full view of her outfit.
"You look great! And don't be nervous, Jesse and I will be watching from a distance. We'll rescue you if u need it"
Delilah was more than grateful for her friends.
She walked down to the common room with Clarissa, Jesse was standing inside waiting for them.
"Who let you in?" Clare asked.
"Percy, though he wasn't too happy about it" Jesse chuckled. He then turned to Delilah, "you ready?"
"I think so"
"You know I'll kill him if he tries anything! Don't mess with an angry hufflepuff" Delilah laughed and thanked her friends before walking out of the common room.
James was standing outside, greeting her will a wide grin.
"Ready to go?" He asked.
"Ofcourse!" Delilah smiled as the two walked towards the exit.

A/N
I know I haven't been updating a lot on this book. I have a plot in mind but I don't know how to execute it that well. I write my chapters but I am not feeling so great about them.
The book will continue but I'll be updating once in 2-3 days
Thanks for reading!!! I really appreciate it! <3 <3
Aisla Wrenn