16.

Delilah often spent her time in the Hufflepuff common room with Jesse by her side as she talked to him about her parents

They had not sent any letters or replied to any of hers. She had had no contact with her brother and divination class messed with her mind.

Her only interaction with her family was through professor McGonagall and she was bring rather vague about it.

It was one such evening that Jesse and Delilah were talking, "I think I'm going to tell Clarissa"
The girl perked up, "Really!?", she said with a smile.
"I should tell her before she gets someone else. At least I will stand a chance."
"Yes! definitely go for it! better late than never"
"Late!?"
"You've liked her since first year, confessing half way through fourth year makes it late"
"Point"
"when are you going to tell her?" She asked him and he looked at his feet.
"I'm not sure, but definitely before fourth year ends"
Before Delilah could reply to his statement, Connor walked into the common room.

"Connor!! Jesse is going to tell Clarissa!" Delilah told her friend with excitement who spread an identical expression on his face.
"Finally!" the Hufflepuff boy exclaimed.

When Delilah was making her way to the Gryffindor common room, Oliver fell in step with her.
"Hello Ivy" Oliver was rather cheery. Why was he always so happy?
"wood", she grumbled.
"Ravenclaw versus Gryffindor coming up. Who are you going to support?" He wiggled his eyebrows.
"None. I'm not going to the match", She rolled her eyes.

It was after curfew and the two were roaming around the halls with no worry in the world. The two were about to climb the stairs to reach the portrait of the fat lady when the heard someone shout.

"Students out of bed! Students out of bed!", Argus Filch was approaching the common room with a quick pace and a stern face.

Delilah and Oliver panicked. The caretaker was just around the corner but there was no way they could climb the stairs and enter the common room in time.

With quick thinking or no thinking at all, Delilah pulled Oliver into the nearest broom closet.

"Lumos" Delilah lit her wand up to give the two some light. Their bodies were pressed opposite each other and against the two small walls of the closet.

That was when Oliver truly noticed Delilah's face. Her eyes and cheeks were red, under eyes puffy and face fatigued. She looked like the girl he saw in the newspaper once. She had definitely been crying.

"Are you okay?", the boy asked in a whisper.
"What would happen to me?"
"Your face, you were crying" Oliver didn't know how or why but his hand lifted and placed on her cheek.

The girl looked back at him as if completely about to burst into tears but she was holding back. "Nothing"

"You know I have a personality outside Quidditch too", His thumb grazed her cheek softly.