. Twenty-Two .

"Favorite color?" He asked, his smile never once wavering.

"Mint green...but definitely more on the blue side than the green side."

He chuckled, "so minty-blue, like robins egg blue?"

I had to nod and suppress my own need to laugh, "I don't think guys are suppose to know the color palate that well, but yes, more like robins egg blue." I smiled, "and how about your favorite color?"

He shrugged, "If you would've asked me months ago I would have said Grey or some shade of blue." He admitted before giving me a very sexy smile, "now it's green...just like the slight green your breathtaking hazel eyes"

My face involuntarily burst into a wild blush, I fought hard against my wolf who was practically barking at me to just jump on top of him and give myself to him.

I knew he would've seen the heavy pink on my face as he moved his hand outward and then up until his hand was cupping my warm cheek.

I looked down at his laying form, I myself was sitting on my knees atop the adorable quilt Cesare had laid out for our lunch.

"N-next question?" I sighed.

"Do I make you nervous?" He asked seriously.

I shook my head, "no" I replied honestly, "it's more of my own bodies reactions to you that are making me nervous."

He nodded.

"What if I asked you to wait, what if I said I wasn't ready to have sex?"

With an effortless shrug and not a minute to even think he responded, "then I would wait."

"And what if I told you I don't want to wait, what if I asked you to have your way with me?"

I saw a darkness flash across his eyes, I knew his wolf was close to taking over. But he squeezed his eyes shut and sighed heavily. "I'm sure that was more than one question Cara Mia, but to answer you, I wouldn't do that...never." His eyes were open once again and I could see the sincerity in them, "sex can be good but only when both people are completely ready, you...my beloved, you aren't fully ready yet." He smiled softly before getting to his knees and placing a chaste kiss upon my forehead.

"How do you know that I'm not ready?" I asked defensively.

"People who are completely ready, have made up their minds and therefore have no reservations, meaning they don't have to question themselves...now I believe it is my turn." He smiled sweetly.

Back and forth we went on asking random questions and then we fell to questions on family.

"How old is Luca?" I asked before I suddenly realized that I didn't even know his age. "Wait, how old are you."

He chuckled, "Luca is 27 and I am 24."

I nodded, that means we would have a five year age gap, 'that isn't so bad, plus we seem to be on the same maturity level, somewhat.' I though to myself.

"How old are you?" He asked.

"19" I replied, I knew he would be doing the math and soon he would be thinking about our age gap too, 'oh gosh, what if I'm too young in his mind?' I panicked slightly, then I saw him look at me and I knew I had to ask something. "So if Luca's only three years older than you, how old are your parents?"

"Like most Weres, both my grandparents and my parents turned when they were seventeen. Both my grandparents and parents were lucky enough to find their mates immediately. My grandma had my dad when she was eighteen. I don't know if you've ever hear of it, but back in the day there was a sort of war between a handful of packs, one that involved my pack, only my grandfather was the Alpha back then. The packs fought and strategized for years, and when it was finally over the men resumed their normal lives, this meant that a small baby boom occurred. My grandmother however found it difficult to get pregnant again and she and my grandfather tried tirelessly, of course this was back before IVF. Finally at the age of 33 my grandmother got pregnant with Luca, giving them two sons with a fifteen year age gap." He stated.

I sat quietly as he continued.

"Two years after my uncle was born my parents phased for the first time, and since they had been boyfriend and girlfriend before the phase, found each other as their mates and nine months later I was born." He finished with a dramatic sigh. "Back to your original question, my Mother and Father are 42, Luca is 27, and I am 24."

"Very informative." I teased before getting serious once more. "What happened to your grandparents?" I knew if his parents were barely in their forties then his grandparents should only just be in their sixties.

"They died in a house fire" he stated, "they were visiting an old friend of my grandmother's, from the reports we were given, someone left a candle on and the house went up in flames over night, everyone in the house died."

"I'm sorry."

He shook his head before giving me a sad smile, "nothing to be sad about, it happened a while ago."

We moved on to lighter topics as we continued with the questions. But soon the sun was starting to set.

"I can't believe we've talked the entire day away." I commented as we both stood.

Cesare bent down to collect the remnants of our picnic, "if you would like we can watch some movies or I can just take you back to the school, whichever you prefer."

Now I had another internal battle only this time I voiced it. "I really want to stay, but I should probably check on Chanel."

"Well then call her."

I smiled, "I don't have a phone, the number I gave you is a phone that is essentially Chanel's but she kindly shares it with me."

"I'm confused."

"Well we aren't suppose to have cellphones at the school, but Chanel's grandfather purchased it for her in case of emergencies." I filled him in. "We keep it hidden on the off chance the school decides to have dorm checks, but yeah, that's Chanel's phone."

He sighed and held out his cellphone toward me in a slight amusement, "here call her if you'd like to, I'm going to just rinse these dishes and then we can do whatever you'd like."

I took the phone and dialed the number, she answered immediately.

"Chanel?" I asked.

"Oh my gosh Lina, you're still with loverboy?" She sounded.

"Yeah, we were just about to watch a movie before he takes me back, a-are you okay?" There was something about her voice that sounded too rushed or something but I could tell something was up.

"Okay, well hurry home after the movie, I'm not really too sure I can trust myself to be alone tonight."

I found her comment odd, "is everything okay, you sound...i don't know, weirded out or flustered."

"You'd be flustered too if you had the day I've had."

I knew there was a story behind her words but I also knew now wasn't the time to question her as I noticed Cesare had reentered the room. "Alright, well I'll be back straight after the movie, try and relax or something."

We hung up and I returned his phone to him.

"Everything alright?"

I nodded, "I think so, Chanel just sounded like she had an interesting sort of day."