. Twenty-Six .

[[ ---Cesare's Point of View--- ]]
.
.
.

Once out of the shower I found Evalina Laying on the sofa, she was already in her sleepwear, fast asleep.

She looked so peaceful that I almost didn't want to disturb her, but I knew I had to move her or she would be terribly achy in the morning.

With a content smile I walked over and scooped her into my arms easily, she began to stir so I simply kissed her forehead and whispered to "go back to sleep Cara Mia."

Once in the bedroom I placed her down gently on my bed, she seemed so small in the large bed, I covered her up with the duvet and then went to make sure the house was all locked up (not that I couldn't handle anyone who even dared to try and break in).

When I reentered the bedroom I couldn't help but pause in the doorway simply to look on lovingly as I watched my perfect mate sleep so soundly. She has no idea how much she means to me, or what it means to simply have her here.

I finally got into the bed myself and then gently pulled her over so that I was now cuddling her body.

This is all I wanted to do tonight.

To be able to hold my mate in my arms filled my heart with so much joy, it only reassured me that she is really mine. Having to go back home to work and be away from her is hard on myself as well as my wolf, that's why I had boldly text her what I did earlier...i just needed her here.

As I lay with so much happiness coursing through me I let my eyes close before sleep washed over me.

...

I woke up much earlier than I would normally wake up, my wolf was antsy knowing our mate was here.

As much as I enjoy watching her sleep, I adore it even more when she's awake so I kissed her cheek and then her nose, followed by her forehead before I finally placed a kiss on her lips.

I felt as she smiled into the kiss then pushed me away playfully and rolled onto her side, her back now facing me.

"Open your eyes Cara Mia."

She shook her head no, "I don't want to wake up, I was having the most fabulous dream."

"What was it about?" I asked as I slowly kissed her shoulder once.

I watched as her cheek lifted, I knew she was smiling once more.

"There was a party, I was having a really great time, and there was a guy."

"You're making me jealous" I teased seductively as I pushed her hair to the side, exposing her neck, "did this, guy dance with you?"

"Yes."

I kissed her neck.

"He danced with me all night...he was going to kiss me, but then you woke me up."

"My deepest apologies, but I can't say that I'm not a bit proud that I accomplished to keep a man away from you, even in your dreams." I played along.

She laid back once more, now I was able to see her face, she touched my cheek, "kiss me, just like you were going to in my dream."

I smiled down at her before obliging her, her small request.

We had grown used to kissing each other, so it was no surprise that the once innocent pecks were long gone, when I pulled back I let my eyes feast upon her radiance as she laid upon my bed.

But in that moment my soft, innocent demure little beauty looked at me ever so slightly, and in an instant, like the flip of a switch she was suddenly different.

Her gorgeous hazel eyes turned seductive as she transformed into a tempting little minx, her pretty features had become dangerously seductive and alluring...I had to fight tooth and nail not to let my wolf come forward and just ravish her right here. If she knew it or not, her wolf was ready...but was she?

I kissed her once more but knew not to carry on further, I quickly got out of the bed and offered to take her out to breakfast.

She pouted but ultimately agreed and then she too was out of bed, she asked to have a shower first so I got dressed while she showered, afterward I waited patiently in the living room as she got ready.

I looked down at my watch and saw an hour had passed since we had initially woken up.

Suddenly my phone rang, I pulled my cellphone from my pocket and answered it.

"Cesare where are you?" My father asked.

"I'm out of town on business," I lied.

"Well whoever she is, she had better be worth all of the mess that you're causing this pack."

I shook my head, "IF I was with my mate, yes she would be worth whatever actions follow from being with her instead of some power hungry female, but, as I said...I'm away on business, I'm actually headed to New York, if you don't believe me, you're more than welcome to come and have dinner with me later on."

He made a displeased sound, "the reason I'm calling is because we were just hand delivered an invitation to Alpha Garlands birthday celebration."

"Yes, well birthdays do tend to be an annual thing father."

"You will watch yourself Cesare." He commanded.

"Yes sir."

"Like I was saying, the invitation couldn't have come at a worse time, as your mother is out of town visiting your aunt and I'm stuck trying to work on this alliance...still, you will have to represent our family by attending this party and you WILL take your mate, if she's to be Luna one day the world must know who she is."

"Father-"

"This is not a request!" He sounded angrily, "it's time you take on whatever responsibilities come along with your chosen future Luna."

My voice seemed to stick in my throat, "yes sir." I croaked. I wasn't ready to thrust Evalina into this violent political world of Alphas.

Just like that he hung up.

I placed my phone back into my pocket and slumped back onto the sofa.

"I'm ready." Evalina chimed sweetly, "I'm sorry for taking so long."

I stood up and looked at her, "no need to apologize," I smiled. "You look lovely Cara Mia, now I think it's time we finally get you to the city."

She smiled and together we left.