. Thirty-One .

I sat back down at the vanity table still smiling after Chanel had left.

I knew it was wrong to tease her, but as a friend I am totally entitled to the 'I told you so' moment, and serves her right for trying to go against fate.

I fished up my make up before removing the curlers from hair and finally stepped into my dress. Normally I would be flustered at how fast the day had gone by, but now I'm antsy at the prospect of seeing Cesare soon. Once I finally slipped my heels on I was running on pure adrenaline, tonight I would be introduced for the first time ever as Cesare's mate, his future Luna.

The sounds of music softly floated up and spilled into my room and I knew people would be arriving soon, if I knew Cesare as much as I think I do, he will be here already.

I finally opened the door to the bedroom I was staying in and was greeted with the sounds of party goers and music.

I looked to Channel's bedroom and saw that her door was shut and noticed the light was also off, she would be downstairs then...I would have to question her about Vincent and her being mates later.

I made my way carefully down the large staircase, my eyes sweeping the entire transformed living area in search of Cesare.

But once I stepped off of the last step his voice filled my ears.

"How ravishing you are tonight Cara Mia."

I closed my eyes and smiled before I opened my eyes and turned to face him.

He looked so dashing in his formal tuxedo, I could look at him forever, the picture of sophistication but I quiet enjoyed when he bent down and gave my lips a light peck.

"I've missed you Amore Mio." I sounded, fully prepared to have him kiss me once more but our time alone was cut short.

"Nephew."

The sound of a third voice pulled us from our lovingly reunion.

"Uncle." Cesare replied.

"And little Nipote," he smiled "looking lovely as ever."

"Hello Luca." I sounded as he too bend down, only he placed a kiss on each of my cheeks in a respectful manner.

"We should go and wish Alpha Addams happy birthday." Cesare suggested before taking my hand in his and escorting us over to Garland and Grand Poppy.

Chanel's family embraced me warmly, my best friend on the other hand was a little away from us in conversation with a group of people, Vincent amongst them.

I smiled at them and Garland must've have followed my gaze.

"Those two really hit it off." He said with pride.

I smiled further "I've noticed."

"I have it on good authority that Vincent will ask Chanel to come and visit his pack this summer." Alpha Garland beamed.

"I wouldn't imagine her turning that down."

"Nephew, if I may." Luca suddenly put in.

I looked up at him and noticed he had his hand outstretched to me, I smiled before obliging him. Luca escorted me to the dance floor, the song had already started but he didn't miss a beat as he lead the steps of the dance.

"So the firecracker's found herself a boyfriend." He sounded.

I couldn't help but let out a small laugh, "seems that way." I said, "I'm happy for her, I have to admit, these past couple of weeks she hasn't been herself."